Home Alone This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

The sky was pitch black, the house was creaking, and I still had four hours until my parents got home. Locked in my parents’ room, I turned on the TV full blast so I wouldn’t hear the creaking house.

I barely heard the phone ring. I picked it up and said, “Hello … hello …?” but there was no response. I knew someone was on the other end. Finally, I hung up. A minute later, the phone rang again; still no one was there. I became more frightened as time passed; the same ­person called five more times.

At this point I didn’t bother picking up, but the ringing continued. To get my mind off this prank caller, I called my friend. She told me not to worry and to turn the phone off. As we talked, I heard someone pull into the driveway. When I peeked out the window, I saw an unfamiliar car.

Thirty minutes passed and the car was still in my driveway. It drove up and down the drive as if aware I was watching. My friend told me to call the cops, but I refused.

Soon the phone calls started again. I heard noises in the background, but I couldn’t tell what they were. I really didn’t want that person to get out of the car and start toward the house. If they did, I didn’t know what I’d do. None of the doors were locked, and I would have no way of protecting myself. The only thing I could do was hide, which wasn’t a very good plan.

At this point I was considering calling the cops, but my friend offered to drive by. “Maybe if they see me pull in, they will leave,” she suggested. By the time she arrived, the car had left. The phone rang again and I picked up, thinking it might be my friend. Someone on the other end said “Bye-bye.”

At that point I wasn’t as scared as curious. Since then I have not stayed home alone and I probably never will.

MayaAngelouismyidol said...
Aug. 15, 2011 at 11:16 am:
Can you guys please tell me how to get more people to read your article in rate it? I'm new here. Thanks :) 

sweetiepye16 said...
My parents leave ver early in the moring to take my mom to work. It's the worst hour of my live. Very good descriptions, I like it.

DifferentTeen said...
Jul. 28, 2011 at 9:29 pm:
if that had happened I would have called the police. honestly. I like it, great descriptions! keep writing! (:

LifeWriteThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 25, 2011 at 6:47 pm:
Woah--if that happened to me I would be FREAKED OUT, man! Great piece! :)

Priya5 said...
Jul. 25, 2011 at 10:16 am:
that's a really good piece...... you've got quite a livid imagination..... :)

Saffy96 said...
Jul. 21, 2011 at 6:49 pm:
Are you sure this is non-fiction? Even if it isn't, your parents probably should have told you all the precautions: don't let anyone know you're alone ("They're in the bath" always works), locks all doors and windows, don't answer the phone to an unrecognized number, call your parents and the police for the slightest thing just to make sure, etc.

FlashlevitationThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 3, 2011 at 4:15 pm:
i really like this piece. you should make a book about what happens next or even before in the story. maybe make it more suspenseful and end like a horror story? just a suggestion, but very well done on this piece!

orangeapple said...
Jun. 30, 2011 at 9:41 pm:
Well this is a lovely story to read when my parents left me at home...

PennyM.L said...
Jun. 11, 2011 at 3:04 am:
OH MY GOOD THAT IS Effing scary!! i'm like, freaking out! D:

kitkat95 said...
May 20, 2011 at 8:55 pm:

reading give me tha absolute chiil

you are a strong girl i would of run away screaming it it happen to me  <3

Imperfectlife replied...
Oct. 21, 2011 at 10:23 pm :

I would have make sure to think up an escape plan in case or scream at them (probs not). The truth, I would have ran and call the police, (I don't think so 'cause I'm a chicken.

JoPepperThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 20, 2011 at 4:55 pm:
Oh god that happened!!! Most likely I wouldn't of picked up the phone.  but if I did I would've called my parents then 911 after the car showed up!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That was good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :()

Bka341997 said...
May 20, 2011 at 11:02 am:
WOW  creepy...really happend? I cant even amagin what i would do...u dont have caller id?

Gracie55 said...
May 17, 2011 at 9:45 am:
WOW!!!!!!!.....AND THAT WAS REALL!!!!!!!!!?????????!!!!!!!!!!

ninjadragon56 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 4, 2011 at 6:42 pm:
thts freaky! Wow, i wonder who that was. it sounds like the beginning to a novel or something, not like something that would actualy happen. your description is really good and i could really feel what was going on. i like it!   

Golden Power Ranger said...
May 4, 2011 at 12:47 pm:
alalalalalal wiow creepy story thats happend to me once befor too!

gradfgd said...
May 4, 2011 at 10:05 am:
that sounds pretty creepy. Its weird being home alone when the house starts creaking but, no one hasever pulled into the driveway when I was home alone. It was probably one of your friends unless you tell everyone that your going to be home alone. One day a friend pulled into my driveway but i knew that he was comming.

stanleysmart said...
May 4, 2011 at 9:56 am:
home alone is really weird and good because you get to stay home alone and also has good characters in the story is fun to read this and creepy to be home alone

Golden Power Ranger replied...
May 5, 2011 at 12:07 pm :
Stanley are on this during school????

paigeforemanThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 1, 2011 at 11:38 pm:
Chills. -shudder- I get why you won't stay home alone, I wouldn't either after experiencing that. Still, like you, I'm curious as to who that person was...
Good job in writing this!