Home Alone This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

The sky was pitch black, the house was creaking, and I still had four hours until my parents got home. Locked in my parents’ room, I turned on the TV full blast so I wouldn’t hear the creaking house.

I barely heard the phone ring. I picked it up and said, “Hello … hello …?” but there was no response. I knew someone was on the other end. Finally, I hung up. A minute later, the phone rang again; still no one was there. I became more frightened as time passed; the same ­person called five more times.

At this point I didn’t bother picking up, but the ringing continued. To get my mind off this prank caller, I called my friend. She told me not to worry and to turn the phone off. As we talked, I heard someone pull into the driveway. When I peeked out the window, I saw an unfamiliar car.

Thirty minutes passed and the car was still in my driveway. It drove up and down the drive as if aware I was watching. My friend told me to call the cops, but I refused.

Soon the phone calls started again. I heard noises in the background, but I couldn’t tell what they were. I really didn’t want that person to get out of the car and start toward the house. If they did, I didn’t know what I’d do. None of the doors were locked, and I would have no way of protecting myself. The only thing I could do was hide, which wasn’t a very good plan.

At this point I was considering calling the cops, but my friend offered to drive by. “Maybe if they see me pull in, they will leave,” she suggested. By the time she arrived, the car had left. The phone rang again and I picked up, thinking it might be my friend. Someone on the other end said “Bye-bye.”

At that point I wasn’t as scared as curious. Since then I have not stayed home alone and I probably never will.

Summer said...
wow. i like this story.

400king said...
i like the story but the ending just ruins it. after all that someone calls and say bye-bye and it only makes you curious? i'd be sleeping with a bat that night, nut then again i wouldn't have sat there in my house while a mysterious car sat in my driveway for 30 minutes. haha.

thesilverrose said...
Dec. 8, 2009 at 11:44 am:
If you looked into the driveway and saw the car you should have written down the licence plate numbers and letters in their orders then called the cops. If the car had left when the cops arrived you could hand them the licence plate numbers and letters that you copied down and they could keep a watch for the car. :D

auna123 said...
creepy story but well written lol

Sunshineyday said...
should have called the police. weird. I'd be scared to be alone too. of course you can use my strategy and arm yourself with a bat, a phone in the pocket (to call police), and some type of sharp instrument-LOL but then you'd have to be ready for a fight. it was most likely pranksters and you shouldn't be that worried.

LambyLauren said...
omg u shouod have written the end!!
once i started reading this,i knew that this would be good. and it was freaky too. i feel what you mean. can you please add more?

CaseyLeigh This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Creepyyyyyy.

jorden501 said...
omg i luv ur story but canu pleassssssssseeeeee add more bec i didnt want it 2 end

millz said...
May 20, 2009 at 7:02 pm:
WOW that would have freaked me out. ending could have been better

respecturself7 replied...
Jun. 17, 2010 at 5:02 pm :
Holy c***! Talk about getting flashbacks from when a stranger calls! I was so scared for you! I've had scary stuff like that happen, but not to that extreme!

daisydee123 said...
May 2, 2009 at 4:41 pm:
wow impressive.

XOXJessXOX said...
Wow this is just like the scary story. Atleast change it round and add stuff in to make it actually seem tur.

~blackrose~ said...
okay wow i loved it.... but the ending just really didn't fit i mean you shoudve kept on going cuz i was getting so into it

kati said...
Feb. 5, 2009 at 11:19 pm:
i liked that.that woulda freaked me out

fabskiner132 said...
what a creeper it was scary not really

aidengurrl said...
Jan. 19, 2009 at 12:56 am:
I liked your story but it should have been a little longer...

aidengurrl

ashlyn z. said...
honestly i dont see how this is weird

TenthmuseThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
May 11, 2010 at 10:27 pm :
You don't think getting, like, 10 dead-end calls and then having a stranger's car chilling in your driveway for 30 minutes is a little wierd?

cole246 said...
this story is so good I could relate to it but it ended too short but good word sort

paco60.3 said...
the whole story i was wondering if you had protection?