Home Alone This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

The sky was pitch black, the house was creaking, and I still had four hours until my parents got home. Locked in my parents’ room, I turned on the TV full blast so I wouldn’t hear the creaking house.

I barely heard the phone ring. I picked it up and said, “Hello … hello …?” but there was no response. I knew someone was on the other end. Finally, I hung up. A minute later, the phone rang again; still no one was there. I became more frightened as time passed; the same ­person called five more times.

At this point I didn’t bother picking up, but the ringing continued. To get my mind off this prank caller, I called my friend. She told me not to worry and to turn the phone off. As we talked, I heard someone pull into the driveway. When I peeked out the window, I saw an unfamiliar car.

Thirty minutes passed and the car was still in my driveway. It drove up and down the drive as if aware I was watching. My friend told me to call the cops, but I refused.

Soon the phone calls started again. I heard noises in the background, but I couldn’t tell what they were. I really didn’t want that person to get out of the car and start toward the house. If they did, I didn’t know what I’d do. None of the doors were locked, and I would have no way of protecting myself. The only thing I could do was hide, which wasn’t a very good plan.

At this point I was considering calling the cops, but my friend offered to drive by. “Maybe if they see me pull in, they will leave,” she suggested. By the time she arrived, the car had left. The phone rang again and I picked up, thinking it might be my friend. Someone on the other end said “Bye-bye.”

At that point I wasn’t as scared as curious. Since then I have not stayed home alone and I probably never will.

Shelly-T said...
Jul. 11, 2010 at 4:20 pm:
This was very engrossing.  I was completely captivated reading this. 

Let_It_Be said...
Jul. 9, 2010 at 7:20 pm:
WOAH!! one time i thoght my mom left but i heard noises upstaires so i grabbed a bat and went upstares looking like a ninja then my mom goes: ANNA!!!! wat r u doing??? i sed: oh, i thought u left nd sum1 was robbing ur room

teen_queen replied...
Jul. 13, 2010 at 2:41 pm :
Ahaha, my mom would've screamed if she saw me do that!

Let_It_Be replied...
Jul. 16, 2010 at 5:25 pm :
haha my mom almost did

maabeille82 said...
Jul. 2, 2010 at 12:09 pm:
This was amazing! Obviously scary, I'd probably scream if that happened to me, but you wrote it out so well!

iheartyouhhhx3 said...
Jun. 24, 2010 at 4:51 pm:
omg i would have been so scared. it kind of reminds me of when a stranger calls. but anyway good job on the writing. i could picutre everything that was going on

gurly_gurl1324 said...
Jun. 19, 2010 at 7:17 pm:
ill be super scared if i were home alone and that happened , but you did a good job

softballgirl5 said...
Jun. 5, 2010 at 2:32 pm:
oh my gosh i'd be freaked out! i would be so scared, when i stay home by myself im scared thats going 2 happen 2 me, i m scared even when my mom is just dropping my brother off at the pool. that would be freaky, u shopuld called the cops and the bye-bye part oh god i probably woulda fanted always have a big baseball bat around just in case!!

Alana H. said...
May 31, 2010 at 7:21 pm:
This story definately paints a picture in my mind and I can kind of relate to it. I'm not to crazy about staying home alone at night myself. I'm kinda really super paranoid so I'm definately a lock-the-door-when-I'm-alone type person.

amtpinkpandaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 25, 2010 at 10:06 pm:
when i am home alone i lock all the doors and keep the lights on because i wacth America's most wanted and too many scary movies.but that doesnt keep my cell phone safe. someone with a restricted number called me and left a voicemail(my phone automaticaly blocks restriced) saying they watch me ,know where i live, know when i leave for school, and thats not so bad-but they mentioned my brothers all in a creepy voice. i alerted my family and called all friends to make sure it wasnt a prank call an... (more »)

_Elsy_ replied...
Jun. 24, 2010 at 11:20 pm :
creepy, i say if that happens to you again yell stalker into the phone and see what happens - if they laugh its a prank.

kyute96 said...
May 20, 2010 at 1:50 pm:
this story is sooooooo scary

PastorsKid said...
May 17, 2010 at 9:24 pm:
This would definitely scare me.I probably would've armed myself with my 500+ page biology book(let's see a burgalur get up after getting hit with that!)and hid in the nearest closet.You did really well staying calm.

Addison J. said...
May 11, 2010 at 9:10 pm:
this scared mee:(

mikky said...
May 11, 2010 at 6:04 pm:
wow this had my heat racing. i liked how you ended it with bye-bye ...very scary. keep wrigting

Rachael P. said...
May 11, 2010 at 4:20 pm:
holy crap that would scare the heck out of me!!! did you tell your parents what heppened when they got home?

IMmeandmeonly said...
May 5, 2010 at 10:22 pm:
something like that happened to me. except the stranger was drunk and he forced his way through the door and made a scar on my face. i was 11. it was horrific.

Blooper195 replied...
Jul. 13, 2010 at 11:50 pm :
im so sorry.

DanceAway This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 3, 2010 at 6:49 pm:
I would have been so scared if that happened to me. Did this really happen? It was probably some random kid pranking you.

squeak said...
May 3, 2010 at 2:58 pm:

ya i agree with the base ball bat lol XD i clunched to one being home alone for the first time in years. lol

this was a good read :D