Home Alone This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

The sky was pitch black, the house was creaking, and I still had four hours until my parents got home. Locked in my parents’ room, I turned on the TV full blast so I wouldn’t hear the creaking house.

I barely heard the phone ring. I picked it up and said, “Hello … hello …?” but there was no response. I knew someone was on the other end. Finally, I hung up. A minute later, the phone rang again; still no one was there. I became more frightened as time passed; the same ­person called five more times.

At this point I didn’t bother picking up, but the ringing continued. To get my mind off this prank caller, I called my friend. She told me not to worry and to turn the phone off. As we talked, I heard someone pull into the driveway. When I peeked out the window, I saw an unfamiliar car.

Thirty minutes passed and the car was still in my driveway. It drove up and down the drive as if aware I was watching. My friend told me to call the cops, but I refused.

Soon the phone calls started again. I heard noises in the background, but I couldn’t tell what they were. I really didn’t want that person to get out of the car and start toward the house. If they did, I didn’t know what I’d do. None of the doors were locked, and I would have no way of protecting myself. The only thing I could do was hide, which wasn’t a very good plan.

At this point I was considering calling the cops, but my friend offered to drive by. “Maybe if they see me pull in, they will leave,” she suggested. By the time she arrived, the car had left. The phone rang again and I picked up, thinking it might be my friend. Someone on the other end said “Bye-bye.”

At that point I wasn’t as scared as curious. Since then I have not stayed home alone and I probably never will.

wtetfy74 said...
Oct. 13, 2010 at 11:07 am:
That sounds like a very scary exprience but you should still try be home alone for a little bit

FuzzyWuzzyHadNoHair said...
Oct. 13, 2010 at 10:56 am:

Moi muy muy enjoyed your write. Maybe you can writo better next time. Not scary enough! This happens to almost everyone. Just buy some locks and a bb gun!! seriously!

Moi Out!!!

Nukebomb said...
Oct. 13, 2010 at 10:51 am:
That is scary. I can't really relate but i have been home alone and it was very scary.

Carmal23 said...
Oct. 13, 2010 at 10:20 am:
 I can relate to it a lot because that is exactly what i do when I am home alone! I hate that feeling and you described it very well, nice job!

Keyshawn The Egg said...
Oct. 13, 2010 at 10:20 am:
This story has scared me for life! I am never staying home alone at night again. Very powerful writing!

micheal vick said...
Oct. 13, 2010 at 10:18 am:
This story creaped me out im sorry you had to go through that. Your story was great kept mewanting more

gabe horn said...
Oct. 13, 2010 at 10:18 am:
Thats crazy if that were me i would have been really scared. then i would've gone ninja on that perve ya

dana02 said...
Oct. 13, 2010 at 10:12 am:
Nice describtion and what a scary night but nice description hope it never happenes again

the keeper said...
Oct. 13, 2010 at 10:09 am:
wow! i really get scared for you for a second! this story is really good! i had the same thing that happened to me. i love it.

technoninjabunny said...
Oct. 13, 2010 at 10:04 am:
whoa... this is a very intense story, I love it! you should definatly make another story!

horklespinx said...
Oct. 13, 2010 at 9:33 am:
That is pretty weird but the same thing hppened to me but it was just people looking for directions.

Skittles said...
Oct. 13, 2010 at 9:31 am:
Wow. That is scary. Havs the persson ever called again? That story scared me know i do not want to be home alone.

RAWR!! said...
Oct. 13, 2010 at 9:30 am:
Freaky!!  This is so intense. I got the chills just from the firs paragraph. Great Job!!

Alive and Dead said...
Oct. 13, 2010 at 9:30 am:
WHY DIDN'T YOU CALL THE COPS?????!!!!!!!! I WAS SCARED JUST READING IT!!! THAT WAS REALLY INTENSE

tiedyeelaine123 said...
Oct. 13, 2010 at 9:30 am:
I would of been terrified if I were you. I don't really understand why you didn't call the cops, I would've.

i have no name :( said...
Oct. 13, 2010 at 9:29 am:
i liked how you used your words and how discriptive your are and i would of called the cops.

akatheshizz said...
Oct. 13, 2010 at 9:28 am:
That was very frieghtening. I'd truly be scared if that happened. I think you should've called the cops! But it was pretty brave of you to post this.

Dee11 said...
Oct. 13, 2010 at 9:28 am:
That was very creepy.

columbine said...
Oct. 13, 2010 at 9:26 am:
i nthink it would be really scary to see a unfamiliar car in my driveway. if i were you i wouldent stay home anymore

lalalala said...
Oct. 13, 2010 at 9:24 am:
so how did he get your number and did you ever find out who did it? and was it yourfriend in the first place?