Living With MS

Multiple Sclerosis is a hard disease to live with but it’s even harder for someone to watch a family member live with my mom has Multiple Sclerosis and it’s hard to watch her suffer the way she does. Her hands are always locked in a fist, unable to open them. I can talk to her, but she has a hard time finishing sentences. I think it effects my sister as well, since it’s just the three of us. Taking care of my mom is a challenge, but throw in a nine-year-old and it becomes nearly impossible. I have no help. It’s just me. My mom always says God does things for a reason, but what’s his reason for this? I’m a high school student, trying to get ready for college taking care of my mom and sister. But there’s no reason God should do this. I know there are people out there you have bigger problems than mine. Maybe God thinks I can handle this. I guess I have for the past four years but when will it end? I love my family. I wouldn't trade them for anything and to be honest, helping my mom is the least I can do for her. I guess for people watching their family member struggle with this disease, all you can do is help as much as you can and never stop helping them.