New York | Teen Ink

New York

By LindseyB GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin
LindseyB GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin

It is my dream to one day be able to live in New York City. I imagine myself walking down the city streets looking up and seeing building and buildings. And every night I can look down from my apartment to hundreds of people, cars, and stores.

Freshman year of highschool I started to become really interested in design and art. I dug into any clothing, runway, or fashion article I could get my hands on. Every magazine gushed about New York City and the more I learned about my fashion, the more I fell in love with the city that created it. I’d wake up in the morning and for a split second I would think I was already there. I can picture every outfit, down to the earrings, that I want to pick out.

The future I imagine is perfect. The city that never sleeps loves me and every morning I can wake up a better person. Is it realistic? Not at all. The roadblocks along the way vastly outweigh the possibilities. But without my dream, it would be hard to do anything. It makes me work hard, the finish line.

Non-Fiction Story