Precipitation of Your Specter This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

Have you ever taken a hot shower on a cold winter day? If you have not, I urge you to do so. If you have, you know exactly what I’m talking about.

At first it stings from the sudden change in temperature. But a good sting, a pleasant one. And then it’s blissful for the first seconds, a religious experience. The warm flush feeling calming all goose bumps. It’s almost as if the steam is clouding all negative thoughts. Your damp skin is flushed, soft, exposed. This is a moment of pure pleasure for your body and the mind too. Everything opens, breathes, and rejuvenates. The prologue to a resurrection.

That’s how it felt when I met you.

But do you know the feeling when all the hot water runs out?

It’s not a pleasant one. It’s dreadful, sometimes even painful. It abruptly closes your pores. The goose bumps arise. The icy drops prick your skin like knives. The cold air consumes all steam. You’re unsettled, alert, and antsy.

That’s how it felt when I lost you.

Warning: Unknown: open(/var/lib/php5/sess_1tme0q0j69mr8flu328gv5pqc5, O_RDWR) failed: No space left on device (28) in Unknown on line 0 Warning: Unknown: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/var/lib/php5) in Unknown on line 0