Change | Teen Ink

Change

By NightOwls GOLD, Medford, Oregon
NightOwls GOLD, Medford, Oregon

The hardest workers are the most successful.

Everything goes through a change at some point in time. It can be for the good or for the bad. I personally like most changes, but there are some kinds of change I don’t like. For example, in the coming months a lot will change for the good in my life, I will be graduating, getting a job, and I will be going to basic training to become a Military Police Officer for the Army. I am looking forward to all of these changes in my life because they are exciting and scary at the same time. Then there were some big changes in my life that I really did not like. Between my sophomore and junior year in school, my grandpa, and two of my uncles died, and my parents got a divorce. Those events were really hard to take in, especially for my sister. Somehow we got through it and we are moving forward. We adjusted to not seeing those family members anymore, living in two different houses, and the transition of switching off weeks at each house. Change is all around us, we can’t stop it, but we can make it happen and just go with it.