Swing Set | Teen Ink

Swing Set

By wcarly123 BRONZE, Sparks Glencoe, Maryland
wcarly123 BRONZE, Sparks Glencoe, Maryland

“Sometimes, you read a book and it fills you with this weird evangelical zeal, and you become convinced that the shattered world will never be put back together unless and until all living humans read the book.”
― John Green, The Fault in Our Stars

Swing sets have fascinated me since I was small. I have always loved the idea of being able to fly as high as you wanted- uninterrupted by the confusion and noise of the realistic world that sits motionless below. When I was flying in the air I could think freely and be alive! I was a kid and I was the happiest kid in the world. But as you grow up, you must leave behind certain joys in favor of new experiences. So, while I lost many things that had brought me joy I gained new loves as well. But, one of the most important lessons I have learned about growing older is that while it is important to outgrow certain things and learn new loves- it is more important to remember to keep hold of those raw, beautiful loves which brought you your childhood.

on Mar. 19 2013 at 2:05 am
pulledheartstring, San Jose, California

The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong. -- Mahatma Gandhi

Ahhh. I miss being on a swing set now. :3 Just wondering, but what do you mean by "learn new loves"?

tehe said...
tehe tehe tehe tehe tehe