Sweet 16 | Teen Ink

Sweet 16

March 6, 2013
By Vakia BRONZE, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Vakia BRONZE, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

I remember it like it was yesterday. My sixteenth birthday celebration was so special to me. My parents were picking up guests left and right. Everyone was just, if not more, excited than me to go out to eat. My family, two best friends, and cousins attended. They made me feel very special. Love and support was all I needed to make my day.


After we picked up everyone, off to Elsa's we went. My family was standing outside the door when we arrived. Immediately, I gave everyone a hug and thanked them for coming. Unfortunately, there was bad news. Inside of Elsa's there were thousands of people. The Hostess informed my mom that getting us a table would take about an hour. Quickly putting our creative brains together, we decided Buffalo Wild Wings was the next best thing. Fortunately for us it was five minutes away.


Once we arrived, we walked in as a large group and the waitress seated us. The customer's eyes gazed upon us as we followed the waitress. They concluded that it was a birthday celebration because my parents were carrying presents. The waitress went around and quickly took down our drink selections. As I looked around the table, my guests were happy as clams. I absolutely enjoy celebrations.
While we waited for our food, my mom yelled "its picture time!" Quickly, I jumped up and started going around the table smiling with my guests. My mom was prepared. Before I can take any more, the food snatched everyone's attention. As everyone was eating tasty chicken wings, I begin to open my presents. My gifts were amazing! Turning sixteen was a birthday that I won't ever forget.


The author's comments:
Creative Writing Assignment