Highschool Freshman Tips | Teen Ink

Highschool Freshman Tips

By JustMeeeeee BRONZE, Meriden, Connecticut
JustMeeeeee BRONZE, Meriden, Connecticut

Hi. I'm new here but I noticed that alot of people always ask for tips for their freshman year of highschool, so I'm here to help. Freshman year isn't that bad, I know as soon as that day comes you're going to be very nervous, but after the next day everything will be alright. I remember my freshman year.. It was last year. On the first day I had to walk to school, and I met up with a friend to walk with because he went to a school right before mine, so we walked. Right at the middle of both our schools, we stopped walking. I looked at him in the eyes because I was so nervous! He said to me, "There's no need to be nervous, everything's gonna be alright." I took his word for it, I gave him a hug goodbye, and kept walking. As soon as I entered those doors everyone looked at me. I was so nervous because I was new there. I just kept my head up and kept walking like nothing bothered me. The classes were just us doing activities, so nothing to worry about there.. Then lunch came. I got my lunch in the lunch line, and I had talked to a couple of people from my classes before, but they weren't in my lunch wave. I didn't know what to do. But then I spotted my friend Pamela from 8th grade, and I sat with her.. So I was pretty lucky there. At the end of the day, I went to my locker to get my stuff, and I accidently bumped into a cute sophmore.. He said, "Oh I'm sorry" and he walked away but I looked back and saw him staring at me with a smile. By the way if you meet someone freshman year (a boy) keep in touch with them, they might turn out to be someone very important in your life. Like that boy I bumped into, he's currently my boyfriend and we've been dating since 7/2/12. His name is David. Omg he's so sweet too. Well I hope you take my tips for your freshman year next year. Goodluck!

What inspired me to write this piece was that there is so many kids out there that are worried for highschool and I just wanted them to know that there is absolutely nothing to be afraid of.