Mustard and Relish | Teen Ink

Mustard and Relish

By Laugh-it-Out PLATINUM, Brooklyn, New York, New York
Laugh-it-Out PLATINUM, Brooklyn, New York, New York

"Do not go gentle into that good night. Rage, rage against the dying of the light" --Dylan Thomas

Yes, we call my country house the mustard and relish house. It sits on a cute piece of green land. Trees and all. There is a flower garden and a cute little green shed where we keep things, bows and arrows, water guns, bikes and our car.
It’s where me and my sister dirty our feet on the gravely, dusty floor, dragging the barbie car, dolls sticking out from all angles, across our lawn.
The mustard and relish house,holds our tree house. It came from my dads nails and screws and sweat. Planks of wood and strong stable trees. Our cats gravestone is a lump in one of my mothers gardens. Just a lump.
The Mustard and relish house holds my climbing tree. A tree that only me and my strong arms can climb. I strung a rope and there are wind chimes. Its not too high off the ground where I go and is a few feet from the tree house, but when everyone is inside doing whatever, It’s where I go.
The Mustard and Relish house holds my barbies. The fun ones. It hold my never-going-to-be-built $300 dollhouse, and purple barbie car.
The mustard and relish house holds my dreams and ideas and thoughts.
Just thoughts.

on Nov. 16 2013 at 7:08 pm
Deej6595 BRONZE, Billerica, Massachusetts

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference.

I love the idea of going back to a childhood place and regaining those memories of hopes and thoughts you once had. Very short but, simply stated. Well done.

on Apr. 7 2013 at 9:51 pm
LexusMarie PLATINUM, Las Cruces, New Mexico

The more control you have over yourself, the less control others have over you.

This reminds me of Alabama, at my grandparent's house, they have a farm. I actually grew up there due to my mom being a young mom. It was a good experience.. I guess that was my Mustard and Relish house! I am very excited to go see it this summer. Anyways, great visuals in this! c: