Common Knowledge

Everyone knows our lives are insignificant specks on some backwater planet that was unlucky enough to be at just the right distance from the sun so that we can have our little wars and parties, and we think we can make a difference if one little speck can influence a whole lot of other ones, we think we can make a difference in our insignificance, that maybe we can all scream up and out to the Universe or God with neon signs and flashy advertisements and squeal how important we are, how real our existence is, why the rest of the universe needs and yearns for our pollution, our corruption and hate and green pieces of paper, how it needs our greed and disrespect, how these little specks of nothing are microparasites and viruses that will suck the life out of everything like we do to eachother, how the inanimation of the universe is no obstacle because little specks think every other little speck is inanimate too, and how we raped this earth as a practice run, a prototype foreplay for the grand, grand universe, and that there will be specks who’ll try to cry for love while others purchase the stars; we all know this, everyone does, this is common knowledge and don’t you dare hide it; do something about it.

LisaDimitri said...
Feb. 12 at 10:49 am:
who cares. this thing expresses oppinion we don't need punctuation

Anonymous said...
Feb. 11 at 6:41 pm:
Totally true, but do you realize that this is just a giant run-on sentence?

Anthony M. replied...
Feb. 11 at 10:35 pm :
I originally put this in fiction as a prositry, but they moved it to non-fiction. It's supposed to be long and exhaustive because the nature of the subject is just that. I wanted the form to match the subject.

I have some more that are kind of like this, just as edgy. I'll have to post them sometime this week.

LisaDimitri said...
Feb. 11 at 5:27 pm:
This is a strong article:] i completly agree with you, but im afraid not many will listen

Anthony M. replied...
Feb. 11 at 10:40 pm :
J.X. Juppiter-Larsen once said that "it doesn't matter what they feel, just that they do feel and that feeling is strong" and that "we need to strive to learn from other peoples misunderstandings" . . .People wont listen because they're scared of breaking out of their daily shells. It's scary to change, especially when that change is incited from an external force. But to me it's not about breaking it for them, but giving them a reason to be reborn again thems... (more »)

Giggles15This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 11 at 12:19 pm:
I LIKE THIS O_O It is SO true!