life goes on | Teen Ink

life goes on

By Samuel95 BRONZE, Tucson, Arizona
Samuel95 BRONZE, Tucson, Arizona

There have been so many crazy things that have happen to me trough out my life. Some of them are funny things, some are sad things and some are even unforgettable things but nothings have been this big of an impact to me as what I’ve been through this past two years. Thanks to this I have learned that there is more than one reason of why to keep trying in life. Why not to give up so easily.

High school started and everything was fine. I had entered a whole new world bigger people were going to be around me I was no longer the higher class. Freshman year went by fine no problems got good grades life couldn’t be any better. Sophomore year came along and I started out good as well. Getting good grade also no worries just focus on school. The whole year I had been trying my best but the month of May came along. That was a happy month for lots of the other students but not mine. I had never felt such a big pain. I received the news that my grandma had passed away. School was almost over so it didn’t really make a big change in my grades. I didn’t let it get to me that much because I knew that would push me down.

The beginning of junior year came by and I started out ok. I was still hurt about my grandma not being here with us anymore but I fought that thought and I beat it I didn’t get sad any more. I was started to do better in school again grades were improving but I had to receive that terrible news again that my grandpa had passed away this time. That took me down so badly I thought I wasn’t going to be able to keep on going in my life. It felt as if someone had just token out my heart any thrown it away as far as possible. It got me depressed, my grades dropped faster than a ball falling from a building. I gave up on myself I didn’t think there was no more reasons of why to keep on going, it felt as if everyone around me was leaving.

The semester had has ended and my grades were horrible I had never seen such bad grades. I was disappointed with myself I didn’t know what to do any more. Until I realized that there was still other people around me helping me move on. Other people that I had to impress and I couldn’t let them down. I am not happy for what has happened but an am not mad either. It has taught me such a meaningful lesson to me and that is to never give up. To not fear of what others will say about me. I have managed to put all that sadness away and keep on trying.