My Guardian Angels | Teen Ink

My Guardian Angels

By LovetheWild BRONZE, Stafford, Texas
LovetheWild BRONZE, Stafford, Texas

"Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye."

As a normal teenage girl, I often spend my time after school surfing the web. So there I was, on a normal Monday night, looking up random things. I happen to find a website that had spirits and such, so I clicked on it, my curiosity spiked. I clicked on it and that was the factor that changed my life.

The website, called Talking to Heaven, was about, of course, the other world. I spent a good two hours clicking on the pages they had and reading through all the articles when I found one called Connecting with Angels. I clicked on it and began reading. It was then that I discovered I could communicate with my guardian angels. The first step was to pray and ask for their name and guidance. One way that angels talk to us was by the use of numbers, which come to us in our dreams. Figuring that it wouldn’t hurt, I decided to take ten minutes that night to try.

That night, I crawled into bed, not exactly sure on the process. I just shrugged it off, placed my head phones into my ear, and arranged myself into a comfortable position. I put on some good old Christian songs (pop/ Christian) and closed my eyes, breathing deeply and clearing my mind. I began praying a short little prayer that went something like this: “Please, guardian angels, can you tell me your names?”
Now, before I continue, I would like to tell you something about me. The Sunday before, I had learned about the spiritual gifts that we all have. After learning about them, I really wanted to know what mine was and I kept praying for a sign. Anyways, I was humming along with the music when a name suddenly flashed by.

“Martha?” I whispered in disbelief. Was that the name of my guardian angel? My eye twitched and I quench the urge to open it. I continued to breathe evenly, storing the name away for future references. As I began to clear my mind again, I had a vision of an angel with long, curly black hair and glowing green eyes. My heart literally stopped and I found myself feeling woozy. Then, the angel raised her hand and the words Gift of Administration flashed by.

At that moment, I opened my eyes and I was feeling very light headed. I stumbled over to the lights and turned them off, preparing to sleep. Now, in my room I have a few glow-in-the-dark stickers that are on the far side of the room. As I turned around to feel my way back to bed, all the stickers seemed to grow brighter, taking on the color just like the angel’s eyes. I froze into place before diving for my bed, my heart thumping loudly. My senses heightened and I couldn’t sleep, my mind on the vision I had.

At last, I somehow fell asleep; my last thought was asking for another sign that Martha was indeed my guardian angel. That night, I had a peculiar dream. I was in a pure white room that had a book in it. Like any other reader, I walked over and opened it. Inside, there weren’t a lot of words. In fact, there was only one: Martha.

When I woke up the next day, I felt peaceful and (dare I say it?) restored. I stumbled my way to my bathroom and suddenly, the name Susan flies by and I got the feeling that she was another guardian angel. I continued on my daily routine and suddenly, the number 624 flies by. I was a little bit confused on it, but then I remembered that angels sometimes communicated with us using numbers, so I sped up and ran downstairs to look the number up.

What I found convinced me that I really communicated with my angels. Here is what I found out: “The repeating number 624 asks you to believe in yourself and your skills, talents, and abilities. Have faith and trust in your angels and ask for their guidance...surrender any worries and fears” (Joanne Sacred Scribes). At that moment, I felt a wave of emotions crashing over me because I had began doubting myself the day before, convinced that I would fail my classes at school. That day, I felt like I had become spiritually enlightened.

I suppose you don’t hear these types of stories coming from teenage girls a lot, but this was an experience that changed my life. I know some people won’t believe in this, but all I wanted to do was share my experience and hope that perhaps this will also change someone’s life.

Just a personal experience I had a few days ago. Please, if you do not believe in this, don't argue. Everyone is entitled to their own beliefs.