Expressions of Dance

Every Wednesday or Thursday is a dance day. It's a day where I can relax, take a break from schoolwork, and take a breather that is, before actual class. We begin with a few exercises to get our hearts racing, and then she'd teach us a few bars at a time of the song. The way it feels, the way it looks in the mirror when you see yourself synchronized with other people, it's like a really intricate painting; your eye doesn't know what to look at first. And it's not that you blend in either, it feels more like you're part of something that won't work without you. I practiced day and night trying desperately to remember what she said to do for this part of that song. Dance was a way to show your true colors, watch yourself grow, to forget troubles, to portray any emotion that you can possibly imagine. You could even be someone else for a few minutes. Dance will be something I'll always try to keep in my life as a way to escape or maybe just a way to tell you how I feel.

MissEmilyDickinsonThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 12:06 pm
This is absolutely, beautiful and phenomenal. I can connect to this so much for I love dancing. Dancing is one of my passions. You really do have such a beauty and talent and greatness and light in you; and so much more. You're a beautiful and talented and amazing writer and person. All of this, and so much more. I can connect to the last sentence so much as well, "Dance will be something I'll always try to keep in my life as a way of escape or maybe just a way to tell how I feel." Dance has ... (more »)