Personal Narrative | Teen Ink

Personal Narrative

January 18, 2013
By gigi225 BRONZE, Tucson, Arizona
gigi225 BRONZE, Tucson, Arizona
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"I believe that everything that you do bad comes back to you. So everything that I do that's bad, I'm going to suffer from it. But in my mind, I believe what I'm doing is right. So I feel like I'm going to heaven”


I have always been a shy, quiet, kept to myself type of person. Unless we really knew each other, you would probably see me as boring. I have missed out on many opportunities because I did not like to go out of my comfort zone.

This past summer, I took a test for a summer job. They only picked about one hundred kids out of a few thousand based on your scores. I was very excited when they called to inform me that I had been selected. Now I just had to go to orientation before I started my new job.

I remember the first day I went to work. I was really nervous because I wasn’t going to know anyone. I wasn’t even sure what I was supposed to be doing for my job in the first place. I got out of the car and it was very warm outside and I started feeling less nervous. I walked inside and I was surprised. A friend that I had met at orientation about a week earlier was also starting out at the same workplace as me. Then I realized I was going to be alright.

My whole summer working experience really helped me come out of my shell. By the end of July, I was talking to everyone around my work area. They came to know me as this funny, outgoing person. I feel more independent and I’m very proud of that.