Rich Girls | Teen Ink

Rich Girls

January 18, 2013
By ilykm94 SILVER, Dumas, Texas
ilykm94 SILVER, Dumas, Texas
5 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"I cried because I had no shoes, until I met a man who had no feet."


I walk through the hallway of my elementary school and I feel alone. No one likes me or really even knows me. All the kids here are stuck up. They don’t care about anyone but themselves. They think because they are rich they can do whatever they want. Well they can’t. They always bullied me and called me names or pushed me into things. Well I have feelings too and they just got really hurt. Nobody cares about how I feel or if I succeed in life. They just care about their selves. Not all rich and “popular” kids are bad. Some can be really good friends. It all depends on how they grew up. The girls I knew would always flaunt their brand new clothes, or shoes, or purses, or even makeup around. They thought they ruled over us unpopular people just because they had a bunch of money. Up until my sophomore year of high school I hated the rich kids. Then I met my best friend. She acted like she was poor. She wore regular clothes, didn’t act popular, and wasn’t stuck up like the other girls were. She didn’t want to be popular. She wanted to be treated like a regular girl. She got bullied and picked on for being poor. She didn’t care what they said or did to her. She still wouldn’t tell any one that she was rich. I didn’t find out until the next year when I went to her house. She was the one rich girl I could trust. None of the other girls liked me or wanted me around. I loved her like my own sister.