God in my Eyes | Teen Ink

God in my Eyes

By LoverofZebras BRONZE, Grand Rapids, Michigan
LoverofZebras BRONZE, Grand Rapids, Michigan

“Jesus Christ.” That’s all I have heard since I was about three. In Gems, a girls youth group that’s when I met God. It was about third- grade when I went to him and asked him to be in my life. I remember that I knew God but I didn’t really know what or how he was going to help me in life.
The teacher asked the whole class “Have any of you really accepted Christ into your life yet. If you haven’t then I will take you out in the hallway and talk about it or help you pray.”
“I haven’t yet...” I said with a nervous look on my as if I didn’t really want to go out in the hallway with her “ I meant I haven’t accepted him into my life.” She pulled me out into the hallway and we talked quite a bit about it.
Finally I asked her “ How can you ask him... I mean how do you pray”?
She looked at me as if I haven’t been to church before even though I go to church every Sunday.
“ You close your eyes and ‘Say dear God.’ You can talk to him like you’re talking to a friend. It’s so easy and He is a great listener” the teacher explained to me.

That night I went home took a shower and went to bed, end of story. I had a lot to think about. I started praying to God like she said “like a friend”
The next morning I felt something I have never felt before. The feeling was so powerful, it made me cry. The tears were just rolling down face as if the Hover dam had broke and people were drowning in the water. It was really sad but yet exciting at the same time because I felt God loving me and I loving him.

--------------------

Every day I give God praise for what He has given me like my friends and family. I talked to Him about being judged at school and I heard Him say that “You have me, don’t worry”.
I talk to most of my friends about God and how we are not judged by God but by other people. In Matthew 7:1 God says “Judge not, that you be not judged”. This verse means a lot to me because in everyday life people judge each other on how they look or by their hair, but it is good to know that God doesn’t judge us, He will judge us on the living and the dead when the time comes to to take us to Heaven. God made earth because it is just a stopping point before we get to our destination. I feel God wanted me to say to my friends the next morning. Sometimes when I am having a bad day I feel He wants me to go back to that night. Jesus has really helped me through the bad and good times and with things that people can’t help you with.

---------------

Not everybody can feel that feeling. I told my friends about that day and how I accepted God into my life, also about the feeling I had but it is really hard to describe how it feels.
“Really?” one questioned me looking bored.

“I am not kidding!” I exclaimed to her.

“Wow I never knew you were that ‘kind of person’, I guess you’re going to be a better person now” she said with a snotty tone.
I looked puzzled at her and she looked puzzled at me back.

“Are you judging me?” I asked.
She didn’t answer me as if I was invisible I never talked to her again from that day on. The night I asked God into my life I never felt so comforted by anyone except by Jesus. I am so happy to go to church now that I want to go to church everyday for the rest of my life but I know that is just not possible. I went and still go every Sunday morning and Wednesday night to go to worship Him. I want the whole world to know that I want to live for Him and just thank Him immensely for what He has given me and what He did for us.
My whole family talks about getting my brother to ask God into his life. I try to talk to him about the night I asked God into my life and I told him it’s not that scary. I often go back to that night I asked God to be in my life in my dreams a lot. I think a bunch about Heaven and God ever since third-grade. I think that people take for granted what they have and what they want. Meeting God made my day for the rest of my life!

What inspired to write this piece is God. I feel He has wanted me to write this piece.