The Truth about Muslims

How would you like it if someone came up to you and called you a terrorist? It would not make you feel very good would it? Well, this happens a lot with the people of my religion. Just because the people who caused the devastation of 9/11 happened to be Muslim, does not mean that we are all terrorists. The religion of Islam is one of the most peaceful religions in the world. We as Muslims do not tolerate violence at all. Those people that attacked America on 9/11 were extremists, they may have called themselves Muslims, but they were not. What irritates me is that most people don’t understand that.
A lot of people believe that since the attackers were Muslims that all Muslims must be terrorists as well. A quote from the Quran says that “if you kill an innocent person it is like killing the entire humanity.” This quote is one of the principles that Muslims follow which makes us very peaceful people. Also, that means we would be going against all that we know. This quote also proves that the terrorists of 9/11 were not really Muslims because they killed so many innocent people. Many people think that Islam is a religion, but it is not. Instead, it is a way of life. The Quran says that everyone is born a Muslim. But this does not mean you are actually Muslim. It means that you know right from wrong.

Deej6595 said...
I liked this article. You are right the people who call themselves Moslems are not at all. I wish people would open their minds and stop being ignorant. I am not a Moslem but, I do love the whole teaching of your religion and people I know who follow these practices are always people I see as kind. They are some people who might not be so nice but, they shouldn't typecast the whole faith in the first place instead they should get to know someone of the Islamic faith. I wish you could add mor... (more »)

happyrocks said...
Hello, another fellow Muslim here. We need more people like you, papoome, to educate others on what Islam really is. I get it that we have a lot of terrorists among our religion, but are we to blame for that? What did I ever do, a peace-loving, God-believing person, to be attacked for the crimes of another man who shares nothing with me but the same religion?  If people could just put our differences aside and realize that we all share the same God, and only want to live pea... (more »)

pensive said...
Hi. Fellow Muslim here. I like the concept of this article, but don't you think you're being a little general? Not all Muslims are peaceful. Also, who are we to judge who's "actually a Muslim" and who's not? You're trying to prove that Muslims are not terrorists but in doing so you're oversimplifying the issue to the point where the reader can't relate to it. I mean, your writing is cogent, but this piece would be a 100 times better if you could add somethin... (more »)

Sir_Bromsten said...
Jan. 17, 2013 at 11:38 am
Please don't take offence if it's hard to believe this article at first glance.  Please read this whole article so you don't misunderstand me.  I mean, it's not like you can tell a whole lot about a country and its religion just by looking at it's actions...Or maybe you can.  Anyways, I may not know a great deal about the Quran itself or the religion that follows its teachings, but I do know about the lifestyle and actions of Islam controlled countries.  F... (more »)

Ace007 replied...
What Sir Bromsten is trying to say is that this article is supposed to be addressing Muslim morals and not the legitimacy of the religion regarding terrorism. You started out good, making us feel the offense of being accused of a terrorist, but then you went off topic with how terrorists disregarded a rule in the Quran and are therefore not Muslims. However, one thing that kind of bothered me about Sir Bromster's comment was about the Quran versus the Bible. "Contradictions&qu... (more »)

Sir_Bromsten replied...
Sorry about the confusing comment.  I just had a few minutes to pull it together, so it kind of came to me as I wrote.  You are right about what I was trying to say, but as I was still waking up I didn't have the mental strength to put it in ink myself.  The only reason I brought the Bible into this was because of the claims the Quran makes about figures in the Bible such as Christ who actually said the exact opposite of what the Quran states.  It was off topic and should... (more »)

Imaginedangerous This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Well, if you look at 'Christian controlled countries' (the US is predominantly Christian, and Europe was practically ruled by the Catholic church for over a thousand years) then you come to the conclusiopn that Christianity promotes unlimited promiscuity, mass shootings, racism, religious wars, drug abuse,  gluttony, arrogance, and closed-mindedness, to name a few.   Judge a religion by it's beliefs and principles, not the mistakes of its followers.

Sir_Bromsten replied...
Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:50 am
I see what you are conveying, and just like the claims made in the article that the jihadists aren't real Muslims, the Catholic church is just a denomination (an offshoot) from the Christianity based strictly off the Bible.  The Catholic church uses traditions and beliefs that aren't ever mentioned in the Bible.  The Catholic church does not accuratly represent the true disciples of Christ.  And America has degraded its morals and virtues quite enough to fit the bill for n... (more »)

CRAZYxBUNNI said...
Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:44 am
wow, this really opened up my mind. i need to show this to my father to prove to him that Muslims are not terrible people, like i have been trying to tell him. thank you for finnally giving me evidence to show to my dad.