The Wall | Teen Ink

The Wall

By lucybran GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin
lucybran GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin

No matter what I did, I never impressed anyone. The grades were never good enough, the clothes I wore weren’t expensive enough, and I wasn’t pretty enough. But a smile still remained on my face. My friends weren’t my real friends anymore, and my relationships were a disaster. He never said I love you, not once. He got his way with all my friends, and he broke my heart. The foundation of the wall began to deteriorate, and so did my hopes of being perfect. Every day, brick by brick, I crumbled. There was no trust. I had no one. He ruined me. Including every relationship I would have from then on. I was never able to open up to anyone. I was barely the strong wall everyone once knew. I was broken and falling apart.
I built up tough, high walls to shelter me from all the pain. That way, no one could hurt me anymore. Then I started not being able to say I love you. I couldn’t open my heart up to anyone. But then, one day I met him. He was different. He was nice. I fell for him, and he tore all my walls down. My heart was raw and exposed. But this time, my heart wasn’t crushed. Somehow, he manages to tell me I’m beautiful every day. I can be good enough. He tore down my protective walls and built me back up. I know he won’t break my heart.

on Dec. 6 2012 at 5:33 am
I Like this story ! such a good story ! :D