On that Stormy Day in Spring | Teen Ink

On that Stormy Day in Spring

By EmilylovesYOU BRONZE, Horsham, Pennsylvania
EmilylovesYOU BRONZE, Horsham, Pennsylvania
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

Just close your eyes and ride the the most unpredictable rollercoaster that is life

~ Zayn Malik

“Emily and Amanda, your mother and I would need to talk with you in the kitchen,” my father announced with concern taking over his shaky voice.
“What do you want dad?”
“Please, just come.” he answered with a sigh.
I was petrified! Did a relative die? No, I don’t think I could ever deal with that. Did I receive an awful grade on my writing assignment? Oh, I sure hope not. The only thing I could do was cross my fingers, squeeze my eyes closed, and pray that it’s nothing too serious. My feet pressed against the ground slowly and quietly, barley making a noise. All you could almost hear my heart beating out of my chest. BA BOOM BA BOOM. I couldn’t take it anymore.
I needed to know what was wrong.
My dad took a deep breath and talked as quickly as he could. As I f he couldn’t wait for our conversation to be over. “Girls, it’s not easy for me to say this, and I know how much you love it here in New York, but-“
“DON’T TELL ME WE’RE MOVING!” my sister cuts off my dad in the middle of his sentence. She her facial expression immediately filled with annoyance as she clearly didn’t want to be in that conversation anymore. Although I, on the other hand, didn’t feel aggravated, instead I felt miserable. I could feel a massive lump forming in my throat and tears overflowed in the corners of my eyes until I couldn’t hold it in any longer. I was bawling my eyes out. Crying and crying and crying, and I couldn’t help it either because I lived my entire life in New York and now I had to move! I finally calmed down enough and barley chocked out, “Why...Where?”

“Well my boss gave me a promotion to work in the main building for my company and the main building is in Pennsylvania.”

“So you’re saying we’re moving to . . . Pennsylvania?” the last part barely escaped my mouth.

Thoughts rushed through my brain. I wasn’t so great with change, so how will I be able to handle this? IMPOSSIBLE! I could never handle something this sudden. What if I never make any friends? What if everyone thinks I’m too shy or too weird? I’m terrible at making friends, TERRIBLE! I’ll never make it in a new state! More tears streamed down my face as I became deeper into thought. I could taste the salty, wet tear drops on the tip of my tongue, but I didn’t care anymore. All I wanted to do was run away from all my problems and never ever come back. But all I could do now is then was cry.

That was nearly two years ago. I honestly couldn’t have been more wrong. You see, I knew all along my life would be changed by this move from the very start, but for all of the wrong reasons. It turns out that no one thought I was too shy or too weird. Looking back on that stormy day in spring, I have to laugh when I think I never wanted to move to Pennsylvania, and now I don’t ever want to leave.

1 article 0 photos 1 comment

~ Zayn Malik

Omg you did a great job!!!! Keep up the great work Emily! Luv ya ;) lol!