King Charles Cavalier Spaniel | Teen Ink

King Charles Cavalier Spaniel

November 4, 2012
By damianna BRONZE, West Chazy, New York
damianna BRONZE, West Chazy, New York
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"even the best laid plans of mice and men go awry."


My class took the C.A.T.S test on the internet. The test determines what type of dog that is the best suited for you. The breed of dog that was suggested to me was the King Charles Cavalier Spaniel. The King Charles Cavalier Spaniel and I are a good match because we have very similar personalities. For example, I am a very happy person just like a King Charles Cavalier Spaniel. A King Charles Cavalier Spaniel is a very stubborn dog unless raised right. I am a very stubborn person, often, but, I was raised right.

The King Charles Cavalier Spaniel was bred to be a toy dog. A toy dog is bred to be more of a lap dog than anything else. Physically this dog is small built, with strong legs, and is usually brown and white. It enjoys being outside and running around. It is a very active dog.

Regarding this breeds temperament, the King Charles Cavalier Spaniel is gentle, happy, playful, loving, and sweet. They are friendly with other dogs, as well as, good with kids. These dogs can be very picky eaters. If they aren’t raised the right way, they can develop “Small Dog Syndrome”. This disorder means that they have developed a bad attitude and may bite someone.

After considering what the King Charles Spaniel was bred to do, as well as, the breed’s physical form, I believe we are very similar. I am very friendly with others. An example of this is, I try to make friends with most people I meet. I am a very happy, outgoing person. An example of this is, I am always smiling and almost always bouncing around. I’m also athletic. An example of this is, I am a cheerleader, and I like to run. I am very playful. An example of this is, I like to play tag with my little sisters.

The King Charles Cavalier Spaniel is the dog for me. We have very similar personalities and similar forms. According to my English teacher, Mr. Rosinski, I have developed “Small Dog Disease”. Lucky for him I don’t bite. This is the type of dog for me.


What dog breed are you?