The "COOL" Girl | Teen Ink

The "COOL" Girl

October 23, 2012
CubeMaSTeRCOMMANDEROFTRUMPET BRONZE, Leroy, Michigan
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
It's not the mountain that slows you down it the grain of sand in your shoe


It was a cold Monday morning. After an agonizingly long bus ride I arrived at the school. It was snowing viciously, the icy snow stung as it pelted my face. I was eager to get inside the warm school. I finally reached the door; almost instantaneously I felt my frozen skin thaw and was blasted with a heat wave from the furnace. I went straight to my locker, slipped off my coat and walked down the hall. I approached the corner and turned into the next hall. I was looking at the ground and for some odd reason I looked up. It was her, instantly I became breathless and had briefly locked eyes with her. Her emerald-green eyes flashed at me, and she winked at me with a very flirtatious grin. I was suddenly snapped back to reality as I approached my friends. I kept thinking to myself: “I’m not good enough for her who am I kidding?” I continued to talk to my friends and laugh trying to forget those eyes... I just couldn’t they just kept gazing at me; her grin. I shook myself vigorously: “stop thinking about it she is too good for you.” The nagging voice in my head wouldn’t leave me alone. I decided to go to class hoping I would be able to lose myself in my work. Unfortunately, this was doomed to haunt me for the rest of the year. I had an American History class that I went to and normally I had an awesome teacher, but she ended up getting pregnant and went on maternity leap for several months. So, we had a substitute teacher and if you know anything about subs then you know that they absolutely are terrible at teaching the same way you’re used to. I sat down at an empty desk and prepared myself mentally for a long day. We were just getting started on the lesson for the day when I hear a familiar voice: “sorry I am late teach what are we doin’ today?” She casually strolls into the classroom. I hear her voice faintly approaching me: “Hm where should I sit… Wait I’ve got it I’ll sit by you!” Great, now she wants to sit by me, I know how this story is going to end. I shyly introduced myself to her and I fumbled with my words. Great, now I look like an idiot to her, this is going to be a GREAT school year. It turns out she thought it was cute. “Aww, you have a crush on me and you don’t know what to say, how cute!” All the girls started giggling around me. I blushed and started to do my work. A week later I ended up getting pretty comfortable with my seating arrangement and I could work well where I was. The teacher then decided to start having the class do partner-based work with somebody near you. She instantly sat down by me and stated:” I know you’re a genius and I want a good grade, so yeah!” I smiled shyly, and reluctantly agreed with her. I ended up doing most of the work, but I got to work with the hottest girl in the school. It was totally worth it!
We ended up working together on all sorts of projects. It ended up being pretty awesome! Then, one day, we ended up getting done really early. She was really tired and didn’t feel very good. It was spirit week and she had a big fluffy blanket for green and white day. She leaned over and gently rested her head on my shoulder. She covered me up with her blanket and we ended up holding hands and falling asleep together. My friend woke me up before the bell rang, but not before all her friends got pictures of us. I was pretty concerned about the fact that they had taken pictures, but she told me: “who cares? There just jealous because we are dating and they don’t have any boyfriends.” I decided to trust her. Besides I had never dated before so why should I give it up just because of a few jealous girls? I loved my new life and I enjoyed it for four months before those pictures caught up to me. Suddenly, she wasn’t calling me as often or hanging out with me as much. I became very suspicious and decided to question her about it. That was the worst possible thing I could have done, ever! She got mad and accused me of calling her a cheater and ended up making my life miserable. Oh, why couldn’t I have just kept my mouth shut and not questioned her? Well I turns out I was right to question her because she did end up cheating on me. She ended up falling in love with some pot-smoking, jailbird. I now knew she had lied to me, wow really smooth making me look like an idiot and then you are the real one! I was really mad at her! She had a locker next to me and she was making out with that fool by my locker! I knew she was just doing it to spite me! She made eye contact with me then smirked with glee. I just couldn’t take it anymore! I abandoned my locker and shared one with my friend. I was really upset for a while, but I got over it; she, however ended up going down a bad path and her life now shows that she isn’t a good person.
For a long time I wasn’t the same person I used to be; I rarely smiled and almost never laughed until I met her. It was my junior year in high school and I had had an awesome summer. I however when I got to school still wasn’t able to get over my old girlfriend. Then I met her and it all changed. She knew how to comfort people and was able to help me get through my hard time. I ended up falling in love with her and we started dating. I really loved her and she wasn’t at all like my old girlfriend. She was a Christian and ended up helping me remember to keep the faith no matter where I was. My old girlfriend finally realized that she was following a bad path and stopped dating that fool. She is now on the slow road to recovery from substance abuse. At least she is getting help and that is important. I forgive her for what she did and now we are just friends.
Character really tells something about a person. All forms of character traits are contagious the question is; “is yours worth catching?”


The author's comments:
Don't get the wrong idea about this girl she got help and she is now on the right path she just made... some mistakes