The Inspiration | Teen Ink

The Inspiration

October 29, 2012
By LiyahF BRONZE, Goldsboro, North Carolina
LiyahF BRONZE, Goldsboro, North Carolina
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"For beautiful eyes,look for the good in others. For beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness, and for poise, walk with the knowledge you are never alone."


My mind is as blank as the paper the words are supposed to be written on. I try to figure out what those words are, but it’s as hard as my algebra homework. I put the white earphones in my ear, hoping they would bring the words to mind. Instead, they bring the things that block my train of thought. I think of the guy who makes me feel a million emotions, but yet still leaves me in veneration. I think of the insects with artistic wings that feel in my stomach whenever I’m around him, that are in a pavilion on my desk. I think of the graceful animals that soar in the sky, that have the ability to do the one thing I feel I could do. I think of the naive girl, who was poisoned by a clever stranger in disguise. I think of the harsh words that make my face drenched and my eyes red. I think of the man who helped create me, that flew away to somewhere higher than the clouds before he could see me blossom. I think of the woman who went through pain bring me to earth, who can make me annoyed, but yet laugh. I think of the 10 long, unfortunate years she had to endure by herself, yet found the courage to stay strong. I think of the girl whom is 5 years older than me, and how the unhappiness with herself tries to bring me down. I think of the colorful chocolate candy that makes my dimples appear, and makes them disappear after they dissolve in my stomach. I think of the guy whose writing speaks to me, and how it wins my admiration. I think of the white earphones that take me to an escape, that no one else can find. I think of the camera in my bag, that contains black & white memories. I think of my savior, who was drained of blood because of the sins people committed. I think of his father, who comforts me and reminds me why I’m here. I think of the wizard who was meant to die, but at the same time, he wasn't. I think of the things and the people I wish I didn't have to lay my eyes on. I thinks of the worlds I've created and the worlds I've entered during my 13 years of this planet. I think of the figures I call my friends, tucked away in a bag, that no one knows about. I think of the million words that are inside a book with butterflies on its cover. I think of the life I want to have, the life I’m not permitted to have. I think of all these things, how they usually block my mind, but instead, they bring the inspiration I've traveled through lands to find.


The author's comments:
Many of the things I talk about in here have a personal meaning to me.