Only a Dream | Teen Ink

Only a Dream

By Shaky BRONZE, Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
Shaky BRONZE, Bethlehem, Pennsylvania

Children have got to be free to lead their own life- Sebastian from Walt Disney's Little Mermaid

My eyes burned as I watched the scene in front of me play out. This wasn’t supposed to happen, I tried to move but I couldn’t. I had to stand there and just let it happen. They tied him up on the drivers seat as the others poured gasoline all over the car. I wanted to run towards them, but I couldn’t. I could see their eyes glinting with excitement and pure evilness, as they watch how the car slowly caught on fire and he cried out for help. No one moved they just watched. They were supposed to be there for him at all cost, but they just betrayed him. They were his friends how could they do this to him? They kept throwing more gasoline all over the car ignoring his loud piercing cries. Every time he opened his mouth to scream for help or anything it was like a knife to the heart, because I was unable to help him. The fire was finally reaching him; I was only to yell out for him. No one heard me my voice was slowly becoming hoarse; I began coughing form the smoke as the car burn. I wanted to close my eyes, but I couldn’t, I didn’t wan to see this. Realization slowly hit me, he wont live. I could smell the burning flesh in the air. My sight was becoming blurry a little bit; I could feel the tears streaming down my cheeks. Slowly his yells were becoming whispers in the wind. He was supposed to grow up and have a family; he wasn’t supposed to die at such a young age especially if he had a future ahead of him. Why did this happen? Why him? I will never understand. He was my only father figure, and he was just gone the next day. Though this is just is a dream of what I was told from reality. I will never forgive those who did this to him or for the damage they caused our family to go through.

This is actually a dream that I have once in a while about my Uncle who died years ago. It makes you realize to appreciate what you have before it's gone.