Definitely Not A TV Personality. | Teen Ink

Definitely Not A TV Personality.

October 15, 2012
By CatherineMB23 BRONZE, York, Maine
CatherineMB23 BRONZE, York, Maine
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
Love is passion, obsession, someone you can’t live without. I say, fall head over heels. Find someone you can love like crazy and who will love you the same way back. How do you find him? Well, you forget your head, and you listen to your heart. And I’m not hearing any heart. Cause the truth is, honey, there’s no sense living your life without this. To make the journey and not fall deeply in love, well, you haven’t lived a life at all. But you have to try, cause if you haven’t tried, you haven’t lived.
William Parrish - Meet Joe Black.


How could you possibly say I’m miserable? Look at you. You sit there and exceed in everything, and try to be the best possible version of yourself. Oh, how the parents and teachers must adore you! Although you sit and breathe in every ounce of information that textbook has to offer, also for a subject that means nothing, but a college credit. You think I’m miserable and you’re the one drowning yourself in your education, because your pre-matured brain (which you can read about in your precious textbook) has been brain-washed by educating officials saying that getting into a division 1 school will be the most important thing in your life. And you actually thrive for that foolishness, and consume your life and time to working, and competing. You end up talking down to people who don’t quite understand the division of cells, or why Germany invaded Poland. I just don’t get it, you’re probably going to work severely hard for the rest of your life, and why? Do you have some presence you have to impress? To hopefully make a ton of money, you probably won’t ever spend, and will still be in the bank after you die? All I’m saying is there are a lot better things in life that don’t involve acing some lame test you won’t even care about while on your death bed. So I suggest you get your head out of your tightly-wound expectations, and stop shaking your head at me, because I will never be like you and you’re glorious perfecting intelligence.


The author's comments:
A little rant on what teenagers in my school think life is all about. For the record, I do think grades and school are important, just not life-consuming important.