I Believe in Shoes | Teen Ink

I Believe in Shoes

October 4, 2012
By Natalka13 BRONZE, Oak Lawn, Illinois
Natalka13 BRONZE, Oak Lawn, Illinois
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Shoes are like that one best friend that you never had. They are there throughout every step of the way. It’s like they guide people to take the right path in life. They help compliment on their outfit for the day. Shoes go from keeping your little piggies nice and toasty to shielding feet from sharp objects that are about to attack. They go wherever you go, not like they have a choice.

I believe in comfort, guidance, and support. Shoes tend to do that a lot. I believe that no matter what you do, there is a perfect shoe. Gym shoes are perfect for athletes. Heels are a model’s best friend while they are on the runway “strutting their stuff.” Flats are for those who know that they can’t reach the high expectations of a model and their heels. Boots belong to your father, while he’s at work, to protect his toes from getting injured by falling objects. Warm, comfy slippers are meant to be worn by those who just want to kick back and relax.

I believe that shoes symbolize a timeline of our lives. In the past we have memories, while shoes leave footprints of places where we were. We never know what might happen in the future hence our shoes leave no mark as well. The present is what is happening now. We are in the process of taking that one step to create the past, history, and more memories. I believe that no matter what your decision turns out to be, your shoes will be there with you to make a mark. Usually, once a decision or choice is made there is no going back and having the opportunity to just go and erase it all.

Sure shoes aren’t always the best, but they do as much as they can. They sit next to your bed from the moment you take them off to the moment you put them back on when you’re about to leave. Protecting you from danger without your knowing. It’s as if over night while they just sit at the foot of your bed, waiting for you, they watch for the boogie man and fight off the evil army of dust bunnies from touching your toes.

My favorite converse shoes, black with hot pink and black checkered laces are my heroes. The design on the sides show creativeness. I believe that once you fall in love with something, it’s just really hard to let go. I for one love my converse. It’s as if the two of us are married, till death does us apart. Literally, I have a hole on the bottom of each shoe, and my right one is falling apart. That shoe was like a tough soldier. It made its way through the winter, the rain, and of each day that I spent at school. I believe in my converse because they protect me, support me, and are there with me throughout every step of the way.