I'm Not Afraid, To Take a Stand | Teen Ink

I'm Not Afraid, To Take a Stand

By smileyisfun BRONZE, Oak Lawn, Illinois
smileyisfun BRONZE, Oak Lawn, Illinois

What could you accomplish if you weren’t afraid? I’m sure you would accomplish everything you’ve ever wanted to do. I know I would. There’s so much to do in such little time and if you go about your life being afraid; very few of those things will get accomplished. That’s why I believe in majoring in not afraid.

Through out your life, schooling, basically anything you do people are always going to tell you that you can’t do it, that you’re not going anywhere in life, and that you’re not good enough. You are going to have to tell them that you can do it, you are going somewhere in life and that you are good enough. The world is a big place and it’s a scary place for just one little person. But you have to choose to not let your fears and being afraid get in your way of what you want to do.

Believing in being not afraid creates a whole different world for you to live in. You can see the world from a different perspective, with open eyes. I was always told that I could become whatever I wanted to be and it’s true, I can.
In the society we live in, men over rule women. You always see men having the highest paying jobs or the most money. Of course you have your occasional female who has worked hard to get to the top. But in order for me or anybody to become whatever is it that they want to be they have to work hard, and if they’re afraid of what’s to come or that they won’t be able to become what they want to be, your fears will hold you back. That’s why I decided to believe in majoring in not afraid. Believing in not afraid, the best choice to make for yourself, could help you accomplish many different things.

I was once afraid. I was afraid of letting new people into my life. I didn’t want to go through the pain of getting close to somebody to all of a sudden lose them and mean nothing to them. It just wasn’t something I wanted to experience again. I lived my life not letting anybody into my “world” for over a year, one extremely long year. Eventually I realized that I can’t live my life being afraid of letting new people into my life because I was losing friends, and not making any new ones. I was told that people will come and they will go. The ones that choose to leave aren’t important and that I should let them leave. The nice, genuine caring people are the ones I had to let into my life and were the people that I chose to focus on. I believe that doing this along with letting new people into my life opened me up to new experiences and new people. It gave me more opportunities then I could ever imagine id have and friends that I wouldn’t trade for the world.

When people tell you that you can’t do it or you aren’t good enough you can’t let that hold you down, you can’t let that make you afraid. When you overcome your fears and you aren’t afraid, I believe you can accomplish anything, even your wildest dreams. Yeah, it may take a lot of work and a lot of perseverance but it is possible to become or do anything you want to do.
So go out today and don’t be afraid of what people think of you, what’s going to happen or even taking an exam that you studied so hard for. Don’t be afraid and go at it with everything that you believe in and know that you can do it. It is possible and it will happen with time and effort. Believe in yourself because you are awesome and shouldn’t have those fears that you do. It just creates a more stressful environment for yourself that you don’t need.
To believe in living life with no fears is a life well lived. It may be hard to forget your fears and live your life with all you have but once you forget your fears, anything you dream is possible. You may even end up with a few unexpected things along the way that you never knew you’d enjoy or be into. There are endless possibilities for yourself and only you can help create them.