The Kid Was a Brat | Teen Ink

The Kid Was a Brat

By Naomi Smith BRONZE, Jenison, Michigan
Naomi Smith BRONZE, Jenison, Michigan

“Let’s eat our pizza now”, I said to the kid I was babysitting. “Ok!” he said as he ran to the table. Steam was coming out of the pizza, and it looked very professional without grease. The Smell of the delicious pepperoni pizza was killing me! It made my stomach growl. We prayed and started eating our food. The pizza had the warm and cheesy taste to it, including the pepperoni. The touch of the pizza was warm and not greasy. “Yum! I like this pizza don’t you?” I asked the kid. “Of course I do! I love pizza! I would eat it every day if I could.” he said. The sound of the pop fizzing and the munching on the pizza sounded like everything was going great! We watched a movie. Everything was calm and peaceful, until he started pulling on my hair. “Stop! Don’t pull on my hair, I told the little boy. That’s not nice” I demanded him. Yet, he kept on pulling. Finally I had it. “Stop or you will go to bed right now. Actually because you didn’t listen to me the first time, you will go to bed now.”
I told him to brush his teeth. “No!” he yelled back. “Go brush your teeth, please. Don’t make me ask again”, I told him. “You can tell me what to do. I don’t want to go to bed, and I’m not going to.” he replied. “Last time go brush your teeth. You need to get some sleep.” I told him once again. “No B*****!” he shouted. “What did you say?” I asked him. “You’re a B***** “, he said. “Don’t say that”, I told the boy. “Where did you learn that from?” I asked him. “My dad!” he said excited. “Well don’t say it just because your dad does. Now let’s go to bed.” I told the little boy. “And don’t you ever say that word again. It’s a very bad word, and you shouldn’t say it”, I told the brat last and final.