not being accepted | Teen Ink

not being accepted

By vicky1998 GOLD, Woodbridge, Virginia
vicky1998 GOLD, Woodbridge, Virginia

Have you ever lied to protect the one you love? You knew you would get in trouble if you ever got caught. At the time, you thought it was a pretty good idea and it can be a secret and no one had to know but every day you keep that secret from the ones you love and care about, it eats you up. It turns you into something you`re not a don`t want to be. A lie is a lie but it also has consequences. A lie has a life of its own; it keeps building up until it comes down crashing and backfires on you. Without knowing what to say or do, your hard work goes down the drain and in result, possibly losing the ones you were trying to protect. You do everything you can not to lose them, but you do and you have no idea where your life is heading and which turns to take. All you can do is regret or take blame. You live your life with regrets and wishing that you could go back to where it all happened. Loss of words and can`t understand your feelings. Heart-broken and all you want to do is break down and cry, but you know you have to stay strong and pretend nothing happened, like you didn't love them and it all happened because of you. IT WAS YOUR ENTIRE FAULT. Feeling abandoned, no one cares, no one truly understand you, and you have to put on this smile that doesn't truly belongs to you. You always feel like you are not appreciated and you can`t fit in anywhere because you always feel left out or misunderstood, then you finally realized that if they don`t understand your actions and that you were trying to protect them, they don`t deserve you in their lives because you are special and unique in your own way and if they don`t appreciate that, then you have to move on and find someone better who deserve you.

vicky1998 GOLD said...
vicky1998 GOLD, Woodbridge, Virginia
thank you and i`m still learning how

vicky1998 GOLD said...
vicky1998 GOLD, Woodbridge, Virginia
thank you very much

bagley777 GOLD said...
on Sep. 26 2012 at 1:08 am
bagley777 GOLD, Tucson, Arizona

Love is a two way street. If you find yourself on a one-way road, it's time to take the next turn off.

Definitely agree with the last part. As hard as it is, sometimes you just need to know when to move on!

on Sep. 26 2012 at 12:13 am
TheSkyOwesMeRain GOLD, Irvine, California

Life isn't measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments which take your breath away.

You are only as strong as your weakest link.

So sad! :( Beautifully written piece! I can relate a lot to being left out, and that feeling of hopelessness and despair. Keep on writing!