In Loving Memory

No one ever wants to lose a loved one, and a loved one never wants to be lost. A mom never wants to lose their daughter, a daughter never wants to lose their mom, a sister never wants to lose their best friend, a husband never wants to lose their wife, and a granddaughter never wants to lose their grandma, but for some unbearable reason these things happen. There is no such thing as to much time with a loved one. There wasn’t even a thought in my mind, that my grandma didn’t love our family enough. My grandmother was an inspiration to our family and anyone she met. She led people to become things that they never knew they could be, and helped people have courage who didn’t even know what strength was. When I hear the word grandmother, the word I see is mother, and that’s what she was; a mom, and a hero. There was never a moment in my life that I thought I would loose my angel, the person who directed me to the right path, my grandma, my peacemaker. I was fortunate enough to have my grandma for the past 16 years, to do things and go places with her, and to spend time with her when others wish they could have. I was with my grandma on her last day here. I was honored enough to hug her and let her know I loved her that day. I was able to kiss her and spend that time with her. I know that God allowed me that privilege. He put us together to have one last memory, to help me be strong for the family, and to let the family know that she loved all of us very much. She would have given the world to still be here, and we would have all given the world to keep her here. There is not a day that is going to go by that she won’t be on our minds or in our hearts; just like there won’t be a day that she is not watching over every single one of us. She is still an angel, but now she is God’s angel, and until the day that I’ am with her I will live for her and in her honor.

lost_girl said...
Dec. 11, 2013 at 9:28 am
Reading this I teared up because it reminded me of my fathers death this past June. Very touching and well written though.