Waiting For My Prince Charming | Teen Ink

Waiting For My Prince Charming

I thought he was the one. I thought he was perfect and I was ready to give up everything for him. But, I was VERY wrong. He made it seem like we were in love, when in reality we were far from it. I realized that from the time I was with him, until now I’ve done so many bad things it’s unbelievable. I started smoking cigarettes, smoking weed,, was sneaking out, having sex, and worst of all hurting the people that love me. But that’s all over. Being with him was probably one of the lowest points in my life. I used to think that love was when a guy wanted to have sex with you, but I FINALLY realized that love is mostly emotional not mostly physical. He made me think that all I’m good for is my body. I ended up in the hospital from having sex, and the only reason I had the sex was because I was trying to get over him. But, I now realize that I’m SO much more than that. I realize that in order to get over him, I need to be MYSELF! I need to stop being the girl he wanted me to be and start being the girl I want to be. For him I was the sexy, rebel, fake, s***ty, girl that didn’t care. Now, I’m the smart, pretty, athletic, college bound girl that I want to be. I thought I was happy when I was with him, but that wasn’t happiness, that was desperation. Right now, I’m probably the happiest I’ve ever been. I’m looking toward my future and honestly, he’s NOT in it. Sure we had some AMAZING memories, but in the end, he made me cry more than smile. So, I’m looking for a guy that will support me in all I do, and stay by my side through thick and thin. I’m just looking for my Prince Charming…..?

I went through a VERY tough time with a guy who I thought was "the one" in the end I realized the "cool" guy isn't always the best choice. I hope that I can help at least ONE girl realize that(: