Pain into Peace | Teen Ink

Pain into Peace

September 8, 2012
By hiddenprincess GOLD, Millersburg, Ohio
hiddenprincess GOLD, Millersburg, Ohio
19 articles 0 photos 7 comments

Favorite Quote:
I would rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.
I am a dreamer and no one will ever take that away from me.
People may say that you will be nothing but you may say Watch me!


In a garage. In the cold. In the rain. In the dark. This is my life. It is a dangerous life. Saws everywhere. A wood chipper. A few axes here and there. My Crystal blue eyes bright and clear. All four paws firm on the ground with the occasional climb to the rafters. This is my life. My name is Baby Girl.

Climbing up the to the rafters is fun. I can see everything from up above. One day. That fateful day. I climbed up the rafters enjoying the view. I wanted some food so I made my way down the rafter to the box I jump on the make my way to the ground. My paw slips. I fall. My front right paw hits the saw that is laying on the top of the crate. I was always careful in the past of that thing. What happened today?

My paw is dangling from my leg held on by a small sinue of skin and hair. There's not much blood but a lot of pain. I have fallen behind a tower of boxes. I can't escape with just one paw. I'm only six months old. I'm not strong enough. I'm trapped. I'm in pain. I have no food or water. Will anyone find me?

It's been two days. My injured paw has shrunk and become infested with maggots. It's numb. I can't feel it anymore. I'm hungry. I'm thirsty. I'm cold. I can hear my human calling me, but I haven't had much sleep at all. My human can't hear my cries. I'm all alone again.

It's day three. I heard a car pull in the driveway. I hear my human and a couple others call my name. I know I have to cry out as loud as I can so they can hear me. I cry out. They find me and my maggot infested paw. My human picks me up and holds me close careful not to jar my injury.

She takes me inside and calls the vet. She goes into auto pilot. She helps clean me up and gives me food and water. She and another older human takes me to the vet. The vet says my leg has got to go. If they can't pay it, they will have to put me down. The older human helps pay it. The vet takes me to the back. The next day the leg is removed.

On Friday, 3 days later, I get to go home with my human. I lay on her chest and fall asleep, learn what a litter box is used for, and what a warm bed is. I am now a house cat. I have a dog for a buddy and play mate.

I turned from garage cat to house cat. I turned from alone, to having an animal friend. My pain turned into peace.


The author's comments:
This is my baby's story. She is a mostly Siamese kitten. We did find her 3 days after she went missing we heard her crying and found her with her mangled paw. We had to guess how she got injured. She is now happy and healthy and a Travisa Un Gato which is Spanish for a mischievous cat.