Long Time Passion | Teen Ink

Long Time Passion

By LuciDavis SILVER, Santa Rosa, California
LuciDavis SILVER, Santa Rosa, California
8 articles 1 photo 1 comment

"Be your own hero.Save yourself.Grow Up" - Mr. Garcia

It's funny how one thing can change the way you express yourself. It's funny how one thing can change the way you look at who you are, it's also funny how one thing can be easier than saying anything at all. Pencil in hand, paper in front of me; It feels so good! Alone in a dark room, no one else around me; I am finally free. It has been a passion of mine since I was very young, it is the only way that I could escape from everything around me, even if it is only for a few minutes.

Short stories, poems, song lyrics, and journal entries are what I live by. Ideas come to me in the most random ways: I can be sitting in my room, gazing at the piles of sketch pads, momentum's, and empty Diet Coke cans and then come up with an idea for a song or zombie movie just like that. Writing an unsent letter to the one who broke my heart is a lot easier to do, with no words spilling out of my mouth or having to look into their cold eyes and staying up past bedtime, writing a love letter is definitely worth it, especially when that special someone gets a hold of it. Writing down how much I love someone or something has never been easier for me, yes I don't mind saying it to someones face or in front of a group of people but there have come moments where i just cant find the words to describe the feeling, so the only thing I can do is write every word down.

Getting the chance to express myself in this way has got to be the best thing that could ever happen to me, it has helped me and kept my head up high while fighting depression and anxiety. With having the chance of expressing myself with out being afraid, it feels like I am free again.

This is the first narrative essay i have ever written for Junior year! What inspired me to write about my writing was the fact that i have been doing this ever since i was in 1st grade! Getting such great feedback from my English teacher gave me so much courage to continue writing and try getting my work out there. I hope that when people read this, they will be inspired and motivated to try to find what they love to do and hopefully help them find their true passion!