Time To Grow Up | Teen Ink

Time To Grow Up

By skyhigh9 BRONZE, Wellesley, Massachusetts
skyhigh9 BRONZE, Wellesley, Massachusetts

It’s time to grow up. I’m not a kid anymore. Middle school flew by and soon enough I’m going to be a freshman in high school. I tried to grow up too fast; that is my biggest regret. I’m going to miss all of my friends, everyone who was there for me when I was going through hard times. I have to leave next year. I won’t be able to go to school and see the kids who have been my friends for a long time. I have to start over…again! Middle school was supposed to be my chance to start over, but instead I’m being shipped off to boarding school. I’m being sent away against my will and no one even cares. They know I don’t want to leave but that doesn’t matter. They’re happy as long as I’m gone. I’ve already done the whole going to a new school thing. My parents promised me I would never have to do it again. I want to be a little kid again. I want to go back to the time when the worst pain was falling and scraping your knee. I want to go back to the time when boys had cooties. You knew exactly who your friends were and they were always there for you. No one ever judged you and everyone accepted you for who you were and goodbyes only meant until tomorrow. I don’t even remember what it’s like to not have to care about what I look like. I don’t remember what it’s like to not care what people think about me. I miss the days when everyone was innocent and naive. My mom used to be my hero, I thought being on my dad’s shoulders was the highest place on earth and the only drug I knew of was cough medicine. I want to go back to the way things used to be, when life was simple. Growing up is growing apart. You learn that nothing lasts forever.