The Endangered Species of Me | Teen Ink

The Endangered Species of Me

By wingedblondie SILVER, Mexico City, Other
wingedblondie SILVER, Mexico City, Other

"You think the only people who are people, are the people who look and think like you? Well, if you walk the footsteps of a starnger, you'll learn thingd you never knew."
Pocahontas, Disney, song:"Colours of the wind"

At most middle schools, fashion, current music and the hot boy star are the highest points of interest among most girls.
MOST girls.
I sometimes feel like an outsider, due to the fact that I live in the past, and I sometimes think of myself as uppity for believing that, but I feel it to be true: while most girls focus on Justin Bieber, I turn to the other peculiar haired hotties who made girls swoon... in the 60's. While all the girls sigh because their mother wouldn't buy those high heels for them, I wonder what it would be like to walk barefoot on a cloud. While other girls worry about the main character in The Hunger Games, I curl up with the unknown stories of Michael Ende.
Some people may say that considering oneself special these days is common and dumb, that the more special you think you are, the less special you are, because any old blob can claim they're different, and people will believe them. I don't know if I'm pretentious if I say this,though I am only my age, and in some things I am very much like everybody else,but I know that I really am different. And you know what? It feels good.

I was afraid I would sound ten times worse than the most pretentious jock at your local high school, but now I realize that I'm putting myself out there, and I just hope you enjoy it, and if you don't, well, just don't say anything nasty.

lokelani said...
on Jan. 31 2013 at 11:50 am
I like how this is written and I connect with the meaning behind it. Nice!