Moving Forward | Teen Ink

Moving Forward

July 30, 2012
By Smileschangelives BRONZE, Manti, Utah
Smileschangelives BRONZE, Manti, Utah
3 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
All this worldly wisdom was once the unamiable heresy of some wise man.
-Henry David Thoreau


We all make mistakes. I've made so many I couldn't count them even if I wanted to. Mistakes are just a part of life. They help us grow and they teach us. Life is a school, and life is a series of tests. Like the tests in school, it's the answers we get wrong that we remember the most, not the ones we get right every time. God knows I've had to retake more than one test. And ya, in life we don't always have retakes at every corner. But we do have apologies, and we do have realization on our side. Mistakes not only let us grow, they guide us on different paths. They show other people who we are, what we are made of, and what we can be. Don't hate your mistakes, move forward. Let those wrongs lead you down a path of greatness. Even one answer on a test can make a difference on your score, so make sure you remember what your goal is, whether it is a grade, or one more step up a ladder.


The author's comments:
Mistakes make you who you are. So embrace them, and learn whatever you can from them.