Madeleine | Teen Ink

Madeleine

Every time I see your name, time ceases. What were once loud sounds are quieted, what were once fast movements become slow. My eyes close and my body shivers, my lips let out a soft sigh of remembrance. But my heart beats a little harder, my mind slowly turns back in time for a few seconds before reality catches back up. All my wishful daydreams blur together in the simplest words, I want you back.

I make up stories, make up excuses for why you left, make up scenarios of us uniting or arguing. Why the hell did you leave? Is there anything I could have said to make you stay? Was it my fault? Do you know what it feels like to wake up everyday with you in my mind? You were her brother, you were mine. Why weren't you there for us? Why haven't you come back yet, do you know how many years it has been? Or what it feels like for someone like me to hold on to someone like you? Someone so perfect, so flawed but perfect that I cannot say it's impossible to miss something you never had because I never had you, I never had a chance to have you. But every day brings hope that you will be caught visiting. I long for the day I catch you searching for me. For us. Your sister and I.

You know you deserve the chastisement. You know you hurt us, and we know we hurt you, but you leaving like that was not closure. I did not let you go, I did not forget the months that I spent tirelessly thinking about nothing but you

All you had to tell me for me to understand was that you needed some time. But instead.. instead you left. What is that supposed to tell me? If you come back, and things get bad, will you leave again? Leave because it's easier than untangling our mess. I would sit there for hours unraveling the strings that got caught up between us, but where will you be? Please, just be right next to me.

True story for me. Please enjoy and comment.

_betweenthelines_ BRONZE, Milwaukee, Wisconsin

"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream."- Edgar Allan Poe

One of my articles were approved, but for some reason, its not showing on my profile... well my story is called " The diary of a lost girl" and is under the most recently posted articles on "personal experience".

Bloodprints GOLD, Bay Area, California

If you speak to a man in a language he understands, it will go to his head. But if you speak to a man in his language, it will go to his heart.

yea c: however when I went on your page, there weren't any links, have they not been approved yet?

Your welcome :) if you have time, could you read my story?

Bloodprints GOLD, Bay Area, California

Thank you :3 i wrote it but now that i published it as anonymous, i dont know how to change it so that people know i wrote this :l but again, thank you.

Wow... I can relate to these feelings so well. This is a very-well written peice :)