Does there always have to be a title? | Teen Ink

Does there always have to be a title?

May 10, 2012
By ihaveaname BRONZE, Barboursville, West Virginia
ihaveaname BRONZE, Barboursville, West Virginia
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"When I was 5 yrs old my mom told me happiness was the key to life. When I went to school they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I answered "happy." They told me I didn't get the assignment. I told them they didn't get life." -John Lennon


I don’t know how I became who I am. I don’t know what paths I took or who influenced me to take them. I don’t even know if there was a path. If there was, I don’t know whose footsteps grazed the pavement before mine.
All I know is that I wasn’t always who I am now and in a second I won’t be that person anymore. I know that the wisest words I’ve ever said are “The past is over and the future’s either too bright or too bleak to rest your gaze on for more than a second so all you have is now and in a second now will be then and then is the past so you better not waste your second of now looking for the future.” I also know that things like love, pain, happiness, guilt, sorrow, and longing are all just something to cling to. But what you cling to can define who you are. And although you’ll only get to be that person for a second, you better be good at while you’ve got the change because you’ll be a lot of people in your life and I know you won’t like all of them but you can definitely try to like some of them.


The author's comments:
That's my philosophy. Take it or leave it.