The Funeral (R.I.P.) | Teen Ink

The Funeral (R.I.P.)

June 3, 2012
By FrozenInChaos SILVER, Cottonwood, California
FrozenInChaos SILVER, Cottonwood, California
6 articles 0 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Oh, Children. Shame on you. He just wanted to be your friend,..... and you exploded him."


It was a warm Sunday morning when I adorned the old black dress & hat. I stared down at her cold lifeless body. I was the only one who attended this funeral, but in a way, I was the only one who needed to be there. I was the most important person in her life. Though it seemed frivolous at the time, I couldn’t help but shed a few tears at the memories of what we’d accomplished. The stories we wrote together, the videos we’d created, the games we’d played, the secrets we’d shared… all gone now. I wish that there had been something I could have done to help. It was all so sudden. I just woke up, & she was gone. After I pulled myself together, I removed her purple prism-esque case, & slowly placed her into the second drawer on the left hand side of my desk. I kissed my fingers & placed them gently onto her blackened screen. I took the previously written on sticky note that read, “R.I.P. iPod”, & stuck it onto the drawer. Then, I left my bedroom to go do my homework.


The author's comments:
My iPod is recently deceased, so I wrote this in honor of it.