The Funeral (R.I.P.) | Teen Ink

The Funeral (R.I.P.)

By FrozenInChaos SILVER, Cottonwood, California
FrozenInChaos SILVER, Cottonwood, California

"Oh, Children. Shame on you. He just wanted to be your friend,..... and you exploded him."

It was a warm Sunday morning when I adorned the old black dress & hat. I stared down at her cold lifeless body. I was the only one who attended this funeral, but in a way, I was the only one who needed to be there. I was the most important person in her life. Though it seemed frivolous at the time, I couldn’t help but shed a few tears at the memories of what we’d accomplished. The stories we wrote together, the videos we’d created, the games we’d played, the secrets we’d shared… all gone now. I wish that there had been something I could have done to help. It was all so sudden. I just woke up, & she was gone. After I pulled myself together, I removed her purple prism-esque case, & slowly placed her into the second drawer on the left hand side of my desk. I kissed my fingers & placed them gently onto her blackened screen. I took the previously written on sticky note that read, “R.I.P. iPod”, & stuck it onto the drawer. Then, I left my bedroom to go do my homework.

My iPod is recently deceased, so I wrote this in honor of it.