eye-to-eye

By , Portland, OR
Here we are eye-to-eye. Sweat dripping down your face and tears dripping down from mine. Where are we going with this? I wish I could answer that, but honestly I really don’t know how. My hand slowly slides away from yours because I know now is the time to go. When I get up to leave you reach out and grab my arm and tell me to stay, reminding me why I was here in the first place. I can’t resist you. And you make it so clear that the feeling is somewhat mutual. You hurt me, and I hurt you, but what for? We make mistakes together, but for each other. But as you stare into my eyes and hear me cry you will begin to understand that I wont be able to do this much longer. I’m not good when it comes to saying a proper good-bye, that’s why I have stayed here. I would have never thought of leaving you, but now I see its not fit for me. I thought you I loved you, but on second thought maybe I don’t, maybe its time to go. I don’t want to leave you but I know I have to or it will come back and haunt me. You never broke a promise, but you always bend the truth. I know that I will never be with another person like you, but as I sit here and think I cant decide if that’s a good thing or a bad. I know that I will miss you, and I know it’s not going to be easy but its also time to make it on my own. So as I sit here and stare into your eyes and say my last good-bye I see your jaw begin to clench and a tear falls from your face and sweat falls down from mine. I’m sorry it ended this way, but now the curtains finally closing and its time to go.