eye-to-eye | Teen Ink

eye-to-eye

Here we are eye-to-eye. Sweat dripping down your face and tears dripping down from mine. Where are we going with this? I wish I could answer that, but honestly I really don’t know how. My hand slowly slides away from yours because I know now is the time to go. When I get up to leave you reach out and grab my arm and tell me to stay, reminding me why I was here in the first place. I can’t resist you. And you make it so clear that the feeling is somewhat mutual. You hurt me, and I hurt you, but what for? We make mistakes together, but for each other. But as you stare into my eyes and hear me cry you will begin to understand that I wont be able to do this much longer. I’m not good when it comes to saying a proper good-bye, that’s why I have stayed here. I would have never thought of leaving you, but now I see its not fit for me. I thought you I loved you, but on second thought maybe I don’t, maybe its time to go. I don’t want to leave you but I know I have to or it will come back and haunt me. You never broke a promise, but you always bend the truth. I know that I will never be with another person like you, but as I sit here and think I cant decide if that’s a good thing or a bad. I know that I will miss you, and I know it’s not going to be easy but its also time to make it on my own. So as I sit here and stare into your eyes and say my last good-bye I see your jaw begin to clench and a tear falls from your face and sweat falls down from mine. I’m sorry it ended this way, but now the curtains finally closing and its time to go.

my inspiration came from a past relationship that i was in, and i was beginning to feel trapped.