The Day I Wish I Forgot | Teen Ink

The Day I Wish I Forgot

By Drewkos BRONZE, Mendham, New Jersey
Drewkos BRONZE, Mendham, New Jersey

It all started one casual Monday morning about a year ago. Everything seemed as normal as always. At least so I had thought. I just had gotten off the bus and lazily advanced to homeroom still half asleep. That’s when it was as if I had suddenly awoken.

I saw a strangely larger crowd than usual forming, and as I walked closer to it I realized it wasn’t such a normal day after all. In the middle was Igor. Just his name describes the fear and hatred that people had for him. He was the biggest 8th grader I’ve ever seen and he was picking a fight with one of my fellow friends in 7th grade, the same grade as I was in. By the time I had gotten close enough to see what was going on I could already seen punches being thrown.

I could only watch in horror at the madness that was occurring in front of me. As each punch connected with a thud, trickles of blood hit the floor. Suddenly my friend was hit in the stomach, hard. Just as his insides were about to explode Igor vanished. All that remained were the disgusting blood droplets and a puddle of vomit.

As from my own eyes bullying is a terrible thing. There should be no tolerance to any acts of bullying, that way no one else will have to see the horrid things I have just described. I know that we could have stopped it but I just felt so powerless and my conscience told me just not to get involved. I was weak, I wish I could turn back the clock, and restart that seemingly normal day, but I can’t.