Death | Teen Ink

Death

May 10, 2012
By Unsure SILVER, Kissimmee, Florida
Unsure SILVER, Kissimmee, Florida
6 articles 0 photos 4 comments

Favorite Quote:
If you two are meant to be, then he'll come back to you
but if you are not meant to be, then you'll move on


Death is not just a word that has no meaning, death is the reason for the suffering people go through. Death is a nightmare that is a part of our everyday life, you lose so many people in just one day. I always think, when will it be me? Then i think, why is this happening? The millions of funerals and the thousands of cries into the sky asking why. Asking 'why couldn't it have been me?', you wish the worst for yourself in order to bring that loved one back. You feel no one understands the pain your going through, that your cries are helpless so you lose faith.
Death is an enemy that everyone faces, and you have to face this demon head on. He'll eat away the happiness you once felt and make those once precious memories and make them nightmares.
Life seems so surreal to you and you want to break down and cry everyday because of who you lost. Did you ever think of those people who only had that person? Did you ever think of the others who cried at that funeral? Did you ever try to comfort them?
Of course you didn't.
Death makes us selfish, makes us scared, and keeps us from reality.
It keeps you in the past, and never lets you move on.
And i want to move on so so bad.


The author's comments:
Death has followed me and my family for so long, i lost my baby cousin at seven. I didn't know what was happening at the time. Then when i lost my uncle, i cried because i finally knew the prescence of death. Finally when i lost my aunt to cancer, i knew what death was trying to do. i knew what death was, and that death always won.