Courageous | Teen Ink

Courageous

By haley petty BRONZE, Spartanburg, South Carolina
haley petty BRONZE, Spartanburg, South Carolina

“Courageous “ stand tall and be courageous

It takes a lot to be courageous. Not just anyone can stand up for what they believe when ever one else is walking the other way. When times get hard and you don’t know which way to turn what do you do? Its simple you stand tall and be courageous.

Courageous is a movie that came out a while back but still brings tears to my eyes every time I watch it. Like all movies it has a life lesson a few funny parts and a lot of sad parts. It is about a man and his faith. The message leaves you with a lot to think about. It will change you weather you live a Christian life or not. Me being a Christian it impacted my life more then I thought a movie ever could.

Courageous is about a cop and how he doesn’t no how to spend time with his son and bond with him. However his little girl is his pride and joy like most daughters are. His son is a big runner and he isn’t in to that. It goes on to talk about another family who are struggling money is short and they have no where to turn. . He goes to god like most people do in time of need. When he least expects it god works his power and brings him a job. Then the cop has a tragic loss, his daughter is in a car crash and killed.

The lose of his daughter changed his life. He became a better father, husband, and cop. Even though the move was sad the ending was good. It leaves you with a positive outlook on life. Everything happens for a reason. With all bad there will be some good to come. The most important lesson the move teaches is to never doubt god he will always pull you throw.

It encouraged me to change and be a better person. It taught me to not take my life or family for granted. It even helped me get closer to god then I already was. I recommend this book to anyone or family. It was truly a blessing for me and my family. My mother an I sheared a lot of tears while watching it but it was worth it to be changed for the better.

Its amazing how one move can change your life forever. One word or one line can have you on the edge of your seat waiting an waiting for what’s to come. Courageous will always be my favorite move from the day I watched it and so on. I have seen it at least ten times and I still get something new from it every time. Moves can be very powerful things. They can change a life in no time. So when you're down and out an there seems to be no hope at all stand tall. Keep your head up don’t look back and most of all be courageous.

i love to write!!!!