My story! | Teen Ink

My story!

April 30, 2012
By Anonymous

Hi I'm A. I'm a mean person. I'm a screw up. I'm a complete loser. I used to be your everything and more. I used to be a happy and pleasant person. Now I'm an angry depressed teenager. It's gotten to the point where my parents can't handle me and they're getting scared and worried. I was put into the outpatient program at a hospital so I can get better. I quit going. Yeah, I'm supposed to be on medication. I stopped taking it. I started smoking cigarettes again. When I was 6 years old I was outside on my play-set with my best friend Meave. She had a broken arm. I prayed to God that something bad would happen to me, something that would make me center of attention for a while. Only a while. I just wanted to be noticed that's all. I made a promise with God, I would give up my magic power to change stop light signals(colors) if he did that for me. Yeah when I was 6 years old I had the ability to change the stop light from red to green in my parents car. One day when I turned 13 I made a new friend. She turned out to be a cruel girl and she destroyed me. When I was 13 I cut myself deep. I had to go the hospital it was bad. I then realized my stop light powers were gone. God had given my powers away to someone else and gave me my side of the promise. Except I never wanted this. I only wanted a broken arm or leg. Now I'm 18, suicidal,angry, bipolar, depressed, a bit skitzo. Oh and I never broke any bones so far. I never even sprained anything for an arm sling thing. Dear God, I never wanted this. Please take it back. From, A.


The author's comments:
This is me. This is everything I go through each and everyday. I hope this helps all you wanting to make deals with God. Well, don't. It never ends well.