Stay True to Yourself | Teen Ink

Stay True to Yourself

By Allison Kuntz BRONZE, Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Allison Kuntz BRONZE, Lancaster, Pennsylvania

It’s just one of those days where nothing makes any sense, just one of those days where I feel like I don’t belong, am not included, and bothersome to others. People push by me like I am non-existent, not there, invisible, just because I don’t talk to most people. People think I am snobby, stuck-up, and rich just because I am quiet in class. People think I am awkward, un social, and a weird dresser just because I am an individual, and not like everybody else. People can keep their opinions to themselves, just don’t share you opinion of me with others, when I am right next to you. Be considerate of my feelings and others, and stay true to who you are, and don’t let the words of others get to you, they mean nothing if they don’t have the guts to tell you what they think to your face, and only say it behind your back. Be beautiful, an individual, a one of a kind, and a little quirky, if that’s what makes you happy. I wrote this because I am tired of all the bad treatment of people around me, and of myself. To all the people out there who believe they are nothing, you are something, and the people who are nothing are the weak ones who are too scared to speak their mind to your face, and instead do it behind your back. Don’t hurt your body just because you feel like it will make you socially accepted. Accept who you are and be true to yourself, you are beautiful and an individual, no matter how you look or what anyone says. It doesn’t matter if nobody reads this because at least I spoke my mind on the matter that bothers me most, the mistreatment of others, based on sociability and looks. Stay true and remember, you are beautiful and a truly unique individual, no matter what anyone tells you. <3

I wrote this because I am upset with the social bias at my school and I am speaking my mind in this paragraph. It does not matter if anyone reads it I am just glad that I spoke my mind on the matter