That Girl

It’s that girl again. That girl that can tear apart your core in one glance. That girl who’s goal is to get your attention. That girl who needs the eye of someone just to feel secure. That girl whose world falls apart if someone doesn’t redeem her superiority. That girl who acts so complete, while her own vanity is wearing her hollow. That girl who silently flaunts everything she has to make you feel deprived. That girl who’s so beautiful, but doesn’t even try. That girl whom I envy. That girl whose smile comes and fades just as fast. That girl who seems so strong, but is falling apart from weakness. That girl who cries at dusk and smiles at dawn. That girl who leads her people, but follows others on her skin and in her stomach. That girl whose sharp tongue cuts you open. That girl, so innocent, so fragile… so fake.

That girl who will be walking alone in the hall. That girl who everyone will leave behind. That girl who will probably will never learn how to change. That girl who would kill herself without realizing it could be different. That girl who would throw away everything trying to drown out the pain. That girl who would blame it on everyone, even when she knows it’s her fault.

That girl who makes me sullen. That girl I know everything about. That girl who threw me away. That girl I used to depend on. That girl I used to call friend.

hypermagical said...
Aug. 26, 2012 at 10:42 am:
Wow Evan...I can relate to this in a lot of ways.  Good work!

EvanLaine replied...
Sept. 3, 2012 at 4:26 pm :
wow thanks so much Hyper! im sure lot's of people can relate