All I Have So Far | Teen Ink

All I Have So Far

April 21, 2012
By Shwelbie13 BRONZE, Rosville, Michigan
Shwelbie13 BRONZE, Rosville, Michigan
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
Dont tell me the skys the limit when theres footprints on the moon


My grandpa... I thought he was always so amazing while growing up. he had fought for our country, been so funny, and was my best friend.

Ever since i could remember, My grandpa and I Had always spent time together. As a little girl, i would go over to his house everyday my mom had work. We had spent our days playing card games, watching old movies, and listening to him talk.Even if i had heard the story a million times, I still listened just as close each time. Each story was either an exciting tale about his days in the War or a funny car show story. I would be captivated in each story, tryng to guess what was going to happen next. When it had gotten late and time to leave, i would never want to go. Often my Mom would let me spend the night there. When morning came, I was always the first up watching cartoons in the morning. After Grandpa had awaken, we would hop into the car and go to breakfast. He would always be so nice to the Waitresses, that they would stop to talk. Then when Breakfast was done, we would go back to the house and start the cycle all over.

Over the years thought, he has gotten older. He had been in and out of the hospital each month, so my Aunt and Uncle moved him over by their house where they could keep a better eye on him. He complained about it at first, but deep down i think he knew it was the right thing. We had started to get used to him living closer. Everyone got to see him more. However, as he still got older, he got more sick. At first, I didn't really notice. Then, it was easier to tell. He was hurting more and having trouble getting around. Everytime i had asked my mom, she would tell me it was nothing and drop the subject. I didnt let it show, but I was starting to get worried.


The author's comments:
this is for school this is all i have so far