Daydreamer | Teen Ink

Daydreamer

April 20, 2012
By Heather Hunt BRONZE, Denver, Colorado
Heather Hunt BRONZE, Denver, Colorado
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Daydreaming can be a seed to grow hopefulness and self-assurance. After daydreaming up unlikely fantasies, and only few coming true, I begin to become angry with myself for giving myself false hope. But what makes it all worth it are those few times when the yearning for my dream sparks a determination that kindles itself into reality. This has proved to be the basis and cause for some of my greatest senses of accomplishment. I have not yet come to the conclusion though if extremes of dreaming and planning amazing situations is worth the heartbreak that overwhelms me when not even my strongest waves of determination can bring them true. I can not decide if living vicariously through dreams is good or only bound to set me up for unforgettable disappointment and heartache. So far, I find that those few times when my dreams come true make it all worth it.


The author's comments:
I daydream and plan so many situtations that it's disappointing when they don't come true. But it's undescribably satisfying and amazing when they do!